bass fishing increase

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by poopdeck [patrick], Jan 17, 2008.

1. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I am not much of a bass fisherman but i know some of yous are. The following is a link concerning a big increase in local lakes. It makes me want to go out and give it a try.:wink:

2. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il

3. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I have a very hard time finding the bass at Rend Lake. Last season I learned of several spots that were good for the cats though.. thanks to Paul Furry and Dean on that one!

4. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    i love to bass fish.i love to fish for everything.fishing is my life,bass fishing is fun because if u use the right bait u can catch them one after the next all day long,then again it can be hard to get that 5-10 pound fish.im in it for the sport of a big bass,im going for one to put on my wall,cought a couple big dudes i could have already put on my wall but i want a 10 pounder to be honest with u.Then again im after the record flatie to.lol.na,bass fishing is fun.but then again all fishing is fun fishing to me .......Peace

5. John(Bullhead)Hagen

John(Bullhead)Hagen New Member

State:
    ILLinois
    :smile2:Bass are great to eat and we have a strip pit that is full of them.But you cant beat the thrill of a 10 plus chanell or flathead fighting in the river to the boat.I think of bas as pan fish only a little bigger,and you are right, rig a night crawler in the middle with a 1/4 oz. wieght and you can catch a bucket full in a hour.My biggest came on Feb. 14 a few years back while i was fishing out of boredom still had some ice caught a 7-12oz.one right at the bank now that was fun and i took it to the legion to show off and since it was to big to eat we let it go. had it in a cooler full of water and it was just fine.

6. BigPaPaBear

BigPaPaBear New Member

State:
    IL
    I love to Bass fish( or any thing else that will bite). I waited about 41 yrs. for a 10 lbr. Threw Back dozens of 5 & 6 lbrs. several 7's. Then one May night about 10 1/2 yrs ago I hook an 8 1/4 lbr. on a topwater. She came out of the water about 2 ft. on the strike, about 40 yds. away from me. I thought wow what a nice 6 or 7. I got to within about 10 ft from shore she made another big leapeven higher and like to scare me into the afterlife, and I knew she weren't no 6 or 7. But, when I lipped her and picked her up, and the lure fell out on the ground, I just about landed right next to it. Needless to say, I gave up waitin' for a 10, and my beautiful 8 1/4 is right above my desk. I had a fella in Gillespie mount her, and he had a couple of texas 10's that someone had brought in that were no bigger than her except for a little more pot belly. I'm Happy with ehr and I'll throw all the ones over 2 lbs. back till I catch one well into dbl. digits. I keep about half or less of those under 2 to eat, the rest of those go back too. As for the rest of the fish species, If they're bitin' I'll fish 'em.

7. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Welcome to the BOC Bill....your sure to enjoy it here:wink: