Bass fishing - Help Me Please

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by Night Owl, May 19, 2007.

1. Night Owl

Night Owl New Member

State:
    Montana, (Billings)
    Hey ya'll, i'm leaving in an hour to hunt for largemouth bass and having serious trouble finding a strategy to even get them to bite on anything. i know their spawning should be complete by now or close and nothing is coming of my 20-30 lures i'm throwing. My rfriend is here from out of town and I want it to be more successful than my attempts earlier this week. Its about 75 degrees out and the water temp is around 67 degrees in the heat of the day. I'm in a medium sized pond throwing various bass lures. What should i be doing different to ensure its a productive trip? Geoff (Night Owl) Cloutier

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    change from M-80's to a small stick of dynamite...works for me:big_smile:

3. Night Owl

Night Owl New Member

State:
    Montana, (Billings)
    thanks, will do :lol:

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Try working a lizzard (4") with 1/8 oz lead, texas style. Slow around areas you think is in spawn. Work a pop-r on top water, :big_smile:vary your pops. Buy a manns-1 in fire shad and vary your retrieve. Slow-fast- burning fast. This should catch you plenty of fish. Good luck.

5. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    20 - 30 lures. I would say, less tying on lures and more working the lure, bait. :roll_eyes:
    put a worm on it and go catfishing, campfire and food.
    just go fishing and enjoy it. :big_smile:

but when i use to bass fish, nothing else works, I tie on a silver spoon. It never did let me down.

6. az cat hunter

az cat hunter New Member

State:
    AZ
    Maybe try working small jigs slowly.Also drop-shotting robo worms is a great way to catch fish!Its about confidence baits,stick with plastics on the bottom for a couple hours in the daytime and use a rip bait fast in the early am.We fish from about 4am till 8:30 am.Most guys are going out as we are coming in.First light is very active on feeding bass,Get up early!!!! Good luck!

7. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    Couldn't agree more..there are bound to be a few still spawning.

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I use a Texas Rig for Bass Fishing, and a Purple Color Plastic Worm.

9. Jnorman

Jnorman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If the fishing is slow, I throw on a 6" worm. I've found that if you can't get a bite on a worm after an hour or so, then you might as well call it a day.

10. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I've always had better luck with the canadian nightcrawler live bait than the plastic worm.....hard part is fighting off the bluegill/redear.
    :smile2:

11. jcara3043

jcara3043 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have been using a double bladed white double colorado spinner with a trailing twister worm. I use it slowly........I also use top water torpedos single propeller........2-3 jerks and reeling at the same time.....I have had alot of good results with this.....try tube plastics with and internal lead jig head or weightless.....you will see the results........Good Luck

12. isaiahedwards

isaiahedwards New Member

State:
    Cincinnati.Ohio
    night owl looks like were in the same boat... i have a
    simular post going

13. NABO

NABO New Member

State:
    NORTH CAROLINA
    Try 6 in green or yellowish lizards texas style

14. joe23280

joe23280 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i gotta agree with dano ! a silver spoon hasnt let me down yet either:big_smile:

15. Danno93

Danno93 New Member

State:
    Texas
    When the bass get lock jaw where I'm fishing, I find that downsizing the lure and fishing it slower seems to trigger a bite. I like to throw a 3" Smithwick Suspending Rogue and just twitch it a few times and let it sit for a few seconds. Good Luck to ya!

16. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    If they are spawining then try to hit near their bed and they will strike at anything. They kinda owly when spawning!!!:smile2:

17. GUNTZ

GUNTZ New Member

State:
    CLEBURNE texas
    it is like DANNO93 said downsizing is the key ,i like 4 inch worms or lizards or maybe a small spinner bait (work-em real slow and you should get hit):cool2:

18. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Ever try wacky worming a senko?

19. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Very good technique there. Wacky worming is a tried and true method of catching fish almost anywhere you go. Just throw it near cover and count to ten then twitch it a few times and repeat.

20. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I make myself a double hook rig , first hook about 6 inches from second, then place a nice fat crawler on first with tail hanging back in front of second hook. This is a great set up when the gills wont leave the worm alone they usually nail the bare hook chasing the crawler tail. Saves bait !!!:smile2: