bass fish?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by copster, Mar 27, 2009.

1. copster

copster New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hey can anyone tell me if the bass or crappie fishing is good at wateree? i am heading down there monday and just wanted to hear the reports. thank yall.:cool2:

2. copster

copster New Member

State:
    south carolina
    also i just heard that the water can get muddy down there after the rain? is this true and do you think it will monday?

3. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    The water is still a little murky from a few weeks ago - all of the rain that has been coming down. But the crappie are bitting at Beaver Creek. You might could still find some small stripper on top water around the islands in front of Clear Water Cove.

Don't know anything about the largemouth bass - just saying that word leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. :smile2:

Some guys in town were telling me yesterday that they caught the limit on crappie. From the way they talked, it didn't take them long to do it. They said they were minnow fishing.

Hope this helps. Now, if you were wondering about the catfish, they're bitting, too. :smile2:

4. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Bass isn't that another way to spell BAIT???:smile2::smile2::smile2:

Welcome to the BOC

5. bassgasm2002

bassgasm2002 New Member

State:
    sc
    i talked to a guy fishin my pier wed. he had about a 7 pounder in the livewell but the numbers aren't there yet. a couple more weeks. chances are if u catch a largemouth it'll be a nice one though. crappie should be movin into the creeks but i aint been so i'm not sure. wateree is excellent for crappie though. good luck!