Bass caught out of the river!

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by dylan543, Jun 8, 2007.

1. dylan543

dylan543 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Just a week ago my brother and I went to the auglaize river in Ohio.We went to the cascades there and walked across some rocks to get to this island.We started bottom fishing and caught a few sheep head and carp.Then he said that him and his budy used lures their.So we used some rubber worms with leaders on them.We caught small mouth all day long.Then I switched to a Hula Popper.I caught a 1foot 1 inch largemouth.Also we kept seeing bass chasing minnows all over.

If you have any guestions on how to catch these good eating creaters I would be happy to answer them.

2. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio

Well before i was bittin buy the catfish bug all i fished for was the largemouth or small jaw.......Right now if theres rocks around a rapala crawfish orange and brown or a black and blue jig with a uncle toms blue pork tail....Right now those are hot stuff....I really don't eat bass i mean i was always told to put them back so i do same with cats.....But thats what wortks right now...I put money on it....Um I mean a surface bait will work pretty good but not as good as the crawl fish or the jig...

3. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It is sad, I have been fishing my entire life more or less and I don't think I have ever caught anything on a lure. I really don't give it all that much time, just when I fish I try a lure every now and again for about 5 minutes. I have caught a few stripped bass this year on chicken liver of all things.

4. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thats not unusual Striped Bass love liver I catch them on it quite a bit.

5. King Cat Assasin

King Cat Assasin New Member

State:
    Ohio
    where at on the Auglaze river?

6. Game_Of_Inches

Game_Of_Inches New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Try throwing tubes with 1/4-3/8 oz jig heads, shaky head rigged straight tail worms, 1/4-3/8 oz spinner baits, 3-5 inch grubs on jig heads, and shallow running cranks like X-Rap, Rogue, Bandit, Bomber.