Bass bluegill lures

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by daredevle, Aug 26, 2007.

1. daredevle

daredevle New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hello brothers i was wonderin theres a bass in alisson creek that chases blue gill and i want to know are there any blue gill lures on the market thanks brothers:wink:

2. Bullseye017

Bullseye017 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I dont know anything about alisson creek, but I do know that nothing beats the real thing........I would catch some small gills and use them under a bobber or just toss one out with a big hook through it and twitch it

3. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    yeah just put the real deal down there, bass cant resist injured bait fish!! i caught my PB 7ib bass on a 4" gill with a hook under its dorsal fin!!! tell us how ya do, but there is lures on the market, you can try a crank bait colored like a bluegill, or a swim bait colored like a blue gill, good luck tell us how you do! i wanna see pictures!!!

4. daredevle

daredevle New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i wil do just that but one question whers the dorsal fin on a BG i can catch a fish but i cant name the parts:big_smile:

5. Bullseye017

Bullseye017 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    dorsal is on the back..........ventral is on the bottom

6. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Well, you can't beat a good ole Beetle Spin tipped with a little piece of worm for the bluegills. Use the small ones 1/16 or 1/32 of an ounce. Also, you might end up getting the bass to strike the thing as well. Good luck to ya. Also the Rebel Crickhopper works pretty good as well. It can be pretty frustrating b/c they will knock the crap out of it on top and miss it a bunch but it's pretty fun to watch them hit it.

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I believe storm lures makes a swim bait that really resembles a bluegill ,I've used them and tore em up on it. Any way I found em at wally world.

8. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Id catch me some mini bluegill 1-2 inch long get out my trusty cane pole set bobber at 1 1/2 feet and me and mr. bass would do battle!!

9. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    check out Matt Lures. they have the most realistic blue gill lures that i have ever seen. they are quite pricey, but man you can catch some big bass with those. http://www.mattlures.com/

10. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I seem to remember seeing some top water popper bluegill looking baits. If ya can find one it might be worth a try.

11. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia