Bass bait

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by 18lbflathead, Nov 18, 2006.

1. 18lbflathead

18lbflathead New Member

State:
    Ohio
    what is the best thing to catch big bass?Is it jigs or spinnerbaits or something else.:confused2:

2. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    my favorite is plastic worms

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I like plastic worms but here in the spring the live salamander newts are awsome and they work on cats all summer if you can grt them[we call them water dogs]

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    My favrite live bait for Bass is prob. large shinners 7inches or longer:big_smile:

5. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    Plastic worms, you can get em in some thick cover.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Always carry a variety of all you mentioned. I use jigs/pork early Early in the year. I also use Jerkbaits by Lucky Craft.
    Topwater baits like buzz baits, Pop-R, and zara spooks when bass become active. I like plastics (Senkos) when the water is warm. In the fall I use Frogs,spinnerbaits,and Bandit crankbaits.Bass baits are tools most have a certain job to do. You don't have to buy and carry everything available. Use a few and gain confidence in your choice. My go to bait is a manns-1 in firetiger. I crank it on a 7-1 retrieve reel. It has made me some money. Hope this helps.:smile2:

7. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    i would start with spinnerbaits and crank baits, very simple to use and fish. take a buddy out that is really good at bass fishing and watch what he uses and how he does it