basque food ?

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by uttatoo, Sep 10, 2008.

1. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    what is your favorite plate?

I like it all pickled tongue the lamb, and blood sausage oh boy i miss bakersfield :wink:

2. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have yet to bring myself to eating the toungue of anything, I just cant get past this picture of it licking the butt of another animal.... lol I am sure they are good, it being only muscle, just something there dont seem right... I am pretty sure I will get pounced on for this one........

3. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    BRO YUM!!! I eat basque quite a bit and I just had pickled pigs feet last night!!! But my favorite dish is "french fries" if you like basque you know what i mean...Also on the side of that I like poor mans soup"bread and broth" with a pork chop cooked in garlicness lol and real french fries

4. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    BLOOD SAUSAGES.....BLOOD SAUSAGES......Oh so darn good I just had some at a blood sausage feast I probably ate 3# myself LOL

5. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    If the French Fries are what I am thinking, we call them Calf Fries here in the midwest.

As for the blood sausages, I tried them once, I guess it is an aquired thing.

6. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    DING DING DING!!! LOVE THEM.....And yeah the sausages have been a love from day one...

7. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i love mountain oysters baked in shake and bake in the oven in spring after working the cattle at my dads place oh boy:wink:

8. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Oh man if I could get them more often I would there a rarity around here...

9. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    So Jordan your a nut about nut's lmao what resturant you going to? the basque one up here is woolgrower's and they kick some bass lol we love that place

10. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I aint to picky but wont try the Mountain oysters. Blood sausage, lamb and all that other stuff is good tho. :cool2:

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Never knew that Calf fries were considered baske food,Heck ,I thought they were western cowboy appetizers:smile2:I wont go blood sausage or tounge ,but most anything else goes except guts an brains:crazy:

12. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    Roast lamb and oxtails(woolgrowers) the lamb fries are good also and the soup,salad and beans all sopped up with a piece of fresh baked sourdough bread from pyrennes bakery...doesnt get much better than that

13. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What makes this Basque food any different than regular old central Ohio farmer fair? Sounds all the same to me, or is it the spices?