Basement Rod Storage

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by Rainman4u2, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas for a system for storing my rods in the winter in the basement. I would like to keep them with reels attached and off of the concrete floor. Oh, it might help if you know the only wood in the basement is in the floor joists overhead.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ray

P.S. I hope I put this in the right section

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Ray, I bought a rod rack from Bass Pro Shop, it's really nice. made out of wood, I would think you could make your own if you had the right equipment.

3. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    i bought some rod holders for a boat mounted them on a 2x4 and attached to the floor joist this works good for me and was cheap ( rods are vertical )

4. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    get some coated j- hooks and screw them into the rafters and hang your rods on them. lowes or home depot sells them they are in the storage section. they have them for bikes yard tools or whatever.

5. sgreen3827

sgreen3827 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    IF the walls are block or flat concrete you could always hang one of those rod racks you can buy at Bass Pro...masonry nails, tapcon masonry screws, or a hilti gun all would work for securing it. For ease of install and practicality I kind of like Flatheadhunters idea of the coated Jhooks in the ceiling joists, alot less hassle for the same effect.

6. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    I use 6inch pieces of PVC pipes and put the rod butts in the pipe, it keeps the rods off the floor and in easy reach all the time.

7. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
  8. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Thanks guys for all of the advice. I'll have to see what will work best for me, and give it a whirl.

Ray

9. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Problem solved guys!!!!

I managed to "rescue" a 6' long by 8" round peice of cardboard shipping tubing. This will work great for the rods, as the reels are individualy wrapped, and in a seperate bag.

Ray

10. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    I purchased about 20 3 inch tool hooks,the ones that are threaded on one end and half open on the other. I just screwed them into the rafters of my shop and you can leave the reels on the rods.This keeps them off the floor. I also have a floor model rod rack that was given to me, but my high dollar stuff goes on the ceiling.

11. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    cant seem to figure out how to post a new thread. Just started visiting. Help Please!!!