Barts droppin PT 2

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Overkil, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    ok ladies...read/copied this elsewhere on the world wide web....

Noticed that SRP was retaining water in horseshoe and dropping Bartlett fasttttttttt tonight flows are up to 1400CFS so I contacted the water people. It is Bartletts turn for dam inspection and repairs,maintence, like what apache and canyon did the last two years in fact last week when I was there there were people walking all over the place on top of the dam.

Anyway lake is at 68% and dropping about 14+inches per day, per SRP they will drop the lake to below 40% and indicate it will be at least another 28 vertical feet down in order for them to start the work. I figure both launch ramps will be out of the water quite a ways and launching will be a little dicie till things dry out.

SRP says unless there is unusual water flows that the lake will be held down into Febuary

be careful with a lake dropping over a foot a day there is no way they will be able to keep up with moving reef and warning buoys.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  2. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    thought we wwere jokeing around about draining it!!

3. Brett Connery

Brett Connery New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Seriouslu good sishin if that true.

4. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    that's what you'd think but it also concentrates the bait fish which doesn't help us out any...

5. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    think positive about it. just get them fatter for when they raise the lake again. :0a23:
    gary

6. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    thats a good point Gary...

7. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    That is certainly a good thought...better be getting everything ready for some big ol sow bellies...:wink:

8. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    i just like to think positive about everything that i can. heck, haven't been catching a thing lately, so if didn't do that, i'd be going bonkers. (that's crazy for people that aren't that old. LOL)
    gary