Bartlett

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by NGHTFSHER, Jun 2, 2009.

1. NGHTFSHER

NGHTFSHER Member

State:
    phoenix,az
    Is anyone going to the Bartlett for the tournament on june 10th 2009? If so how many people usaully go?

2. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    What kind of tournament?

3. bigfisher17

bigfisher17 New Member

State:
    arizona
    if its a bass tournament theyre is one all the time i will only go if its a catfish tournament which im sure its not:wink:

4. NGHTFSHER

NGHTFSHER Member

State:
    phoenix,az
    Im sorry I had the wrong date its this Saturday the 6th reg. starts at 6 to 7p.m tournament starts at 7p.m and wieght in at 7 a.m. Its put on by extreme predator callers and yes it's a catfish tournament boys flats and channels.

5. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Thanks for the info on the tournament...
    ~ I knew nothing about it. Is this an annual turny? Or will there be others this summer/fall? I always hear about these tournaments too late and can't go... There is never any advertising, (at least that I have seen) it always seems like you need to know someone involved to get in..

* BTW~ Welcome to the BOC, if you do the tournament, let us know how you did and get some pictures...

Later!
    ~A

6. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
  7. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    This weekend, I'll be in the Blythe area,,,,
    I did a tournament recently, and,, I personally don't think I had as much fun, as when I just go fish..:wink:

8. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    i agree with not as much fun. they are too much like work. LOL
    semper fi back!!! 67-89
    gary

9. Billy Jo

Billy Jo New Member

State:
    Peoria , Arizona
    Andy, my son is a member of that club and we fisher it last year, its a no pressure event. kind of like just going fishing. My son came in first place last year and picked up $200. with a 9lb flathead. not bad for a night of fishing.
    we were fishing out of my boat and there was a $100 guide service fee, and I never got a bite and made $100 bucks.:smile2::smile2:

10. NGHTFSHER

NGHTFSHER Member

State:
    phoenix,az
    Yeah I saw the flyer at sportmens wearhouse at I-17 and yorkshire. I heard some good thing about the group that is putting on the whole thing.

11. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Glad they're a good group, I'm not familiar with them, but, maybe later..

anyhow,, Welcome to the BOC steve..

12. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
    Amen I say, Amen!:big_smile:

Going out tomorrow for an overnighter, up river. Attached a few photos of my miniature, floating fishing lodge from sea trials day at Bartlett a few weeks ago. Honk if you see me! I'll you guys know how it went.

Attached Files:

13. bigfisher17

bigfisher17 New Member

State:
    arizona
    i will be attending the derby this weekend since blythe is to far hope to ya guys there:cool2:

14. juggalo

juggalo New Member

State:
    Arizona
    well guys see you all there me and a couple friends will be fishing it so good luck to all and great fishing

15. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
    Beautiful, cool nighht. Caught 2 flatheads, 8 and a 12 pounds.

16. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Very cool,did those fish count towards the tournament?

17. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
    I'm way too lazy a fisherman for that:smile2:. Actually, aren't those wieghts light by flathead standards?

18. NGHTFSHER

NGHTFSHER Member

State:
    phoenix,az
    Where did you catch the two flatheads at the upper part of the lake or in the back?

19. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
    Upper part near Sheep Creek Cove. Attached a photo of the 12 pounder.

Just around sundown I saw a weird boat- It was a small pontoon with a primative looking leanto forward and a small deck space on the back. The words FLATHEAD were painted across the roof. In was an old timer. He commented on my boat and asked what I was fishing for. I told him and he asked if I had live bait. I told him I was fixed pretty good on live bluegills. He nodded approvingly. As he disappered into the brush he called that if I didn't have any bites I should make my way upstream and "cast toward the big rocks." I see didn't him again. Any of you ever run in to this guy? Sound like good advice?

Attached Files:

20. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Nice looking boat you got there Zona!!! Question for you, did you catch your gills up by sheep creek or somewhere prior to getting there? I plan on going up to Bartlett on the 18th. Thanks