Bartlett, Worth another try

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by AZflats, May 18, 2006.

1. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Howdy,
    * I am going to try my luck at Bartlett again this weekend.
    Anctious to see how this weeks rain has affected my favorite area, (Across from the marina)

* I am in a 20' Sun tracker. If anyone goes, stop by and say howdy...
    * I will be carp and gill fishing Saturday afternoon to collect bait.

Take care!

2. Matthew Cook

Matthew Cook Member

State:
    Arizona
    hey azflats, worth another try indeed. we will be out there this weekend too. i don't know if we will make it out friday, but will definatly be out there saturday. ever since we saw you out there and fished that spot we've been wanting to go back. it is a great looking area. we might look around that end of the lake and a little ways up from there as well. i'm interested in seeing what the recent storms will do to the fishing. if we see you we will stop by.

3. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Cool. See you guys Saturday. Myself and a buddy of mine will be there all day till Sunday.

Take care!

4. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Howdy.
    This was a fun trip.
    Two flatties caught in the middle of the afternoon 10lb and 15lb. Both caught on raw shrimp.

Saturday night:
    Caught a 6.5 lb. flattie using a 15inch carp!! I still can't beleive such a small flathead ate such a large bait.

* My buddy hooked into two flatties, both on large carp.
    ** One was huge.. Absolute monster, but got wrapped up in the ancore line.

See photos attached.

Good luck.

Attached Files:

5. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    One more pic. This is the little guy that ate a 15" carp.

Attached Files:

6. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Nice job on your flats. Looked like fun.

7. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    AZFlats... How was the crowds at that end of the lake Saturday. I was on the upper end way past the no more warning bouyes marker. People were out of control up there water sking in 8ft of water.Hauling a*&#@ all over the place even though its a no wake area. Watched two boats dump their lower units by running their boats wide open and hitting some rocks. Maybe I should have went upper end instead. Congrats on the pics very nice fish. You fishing by the Northern most little rock island? There are four of five of those lil isalnds out there. Last time I fished inbetween the second and third ones and didnt get a thing. Hope to see ya out there sometime.

8. RiversOwn

RiversOwn New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    wouldnt hurt to give it a shot