Bartlett Results 7/31-8/01

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Apache Flats, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    I only caught 7 gills for thursday night 2 of which died before I could use them. I had 5 runs with 5 gills landed 3 of them all about the same size. The second day I caught at least 75 gills from the shoreline where I was camping, but not one carp. I kept 25 gills and was very prepared for the second night of fishing that is until the microburst wind hit. I lost a few things to the lake including all of my gills. I had to hold on to my tent for fear it would blow away so needless to say no flats the second night. But it's all good the skunk is off my back. :cool2:

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      21.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      39.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      36.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    A few more pics

Attached Files:

• 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      88.1 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      37.1 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      125.2 KB
      Views:

3. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Glad to hear you had some hits and caught some fish. Did you catch the flatheads in the same area you caught the bluegill?

4. Lenny The Lamb

Lenny The Lamb New Member

State:
    Arizona
    That's more like it Anthony!!! Glad to hear you had some luck. Nice job on the pictures!! Any word from Az Flats???

5. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    congrats on the fish and keep at it :wink:

6. Emilio

Emilio New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I'm glad someone had a decent day there. I was there Saturday night and Sunday morning and only cought a small 2 lb channel. I fished with blue gill, shrimp, stink bait and anchovie around the catfish flat area.:angry: I'll have to try again next weekend.

7. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Good Job on the Flats. I'm still on a skunk streak.

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Sorry to hear about the gear and the bait you lost from the wind! I know how hard it can be to locate gills in the summer time!

9. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Hey Travis, it will come back to you soon. This is the start of the best time to flathead fish, from now through october. Hang in there it's coming.
    :eek:oooh::smile2::wink:

10. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I have had worse years. It comes it goes. One thing is for sure, i'll never give up. Never!!!! I thank god i get to even get out and have fun. No matter what i always have fun. :wink:

11. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    By the way, thanks for the tip on going up river. I fished just north of ship rock maybe half a mile or so. Also I caught my three cats in the same area as where I caught my bluegills.