Bartlett Report, 04/28/09

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by topjimmy, Apr 28, 2009.

1. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    The good news:
    Caught plenty of bait, including a 6lb carp. The weather was nice, the water was flat (after 6pm, that is). I caught a 5lb channel, a 6lb channel, and a 14lb flathead.

The bad news:
    Some d*ckless @sshole stole the spare and the license plate off of my trailer while it was parked in the Yellow Cliffs lot. They ripped the plate right off, so I had to replace the plate holder too. :angry:

Attached Files:

2. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Thanks for the report,
    Congrats on the Nice fish and pics,,,

Sorry about the jerks that stole your stuff...

3. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Thanks for the report James, I will be sure not to leave anything in the bed of my truck now. Unbelievable how some people are :confused2:

4. Rebel986

Rebel986 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    jeez, that blows.. I think ill carry my .45 when I go out shore fishing by myself for now on down at the salt. You never kno :confused2:

5. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Heading down to Bartlett this afternoon,,, Haven't been there for about a year..
    Got skunked last time for catfish,,,, but, got bored w/ catchin blugills...
    hope that's reversed this time!!
    Looking forward to this trip as this will be on a boat... and a bit more prepared!!
    Later, and good fishin"

6. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    OH, bad news,, Our trip was cancelled....Maybe, another time..:sad2:

7. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Nice Job! The flats are definitely on @ Bartlet.:cool2:

:angry:I can't believe people act like that... The rangers should spend some time figuring a way to reduce theft/crime/vandalism in the parking areas at this lake... That kind of shit happens way too often..

8. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Yea the dirty rats, we are vulnarable with our rigs at the lot and us in a cove. It's too bad they couldn't have a blocked gate where you put your card through so the car is identified with a camera at the gate. I never got hit but always didn't feel good about leaving my truck.

9. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I realized over the weekend, that my spare tire was jacked. I will go out on a limb and say this probably happened at the yellow cliffs parking area the weekend before...

10. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Dang, we were supposed to head down their last Friday,, but, trip cancelled,,
    I'm thinkin' maybe that was as good thing,,, Sure don't want to be losing stuff...
    Next, they'll not be messin with little stuff, they might just take the boat trailer, or maybe the whole rig.

11. stinky fingers

stinky fingers New Member

State:
    Buckeye,Arizona
    Nice catch James.
    You can add me to the hit list. Been hit 3 times at Bartlett all 3 at the main ramp parking lot. SOB's will take just about anything not locked.

12. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    Andy, did you call this in? The Deputy that took my report said it doesn't happen very often; I think maybe it just doesn't get reported very often...

13. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    I haven't stayed overnight at Bartlett yet but I will be more cautious now hearing this. Years back my group lost our rods and reels that we left in our boat to go catch some sleep. Here's an idea. Not that i have one, Put a blow-up doll or something in passenger seat of vehicle, droop some line around your stuff with a catfish bell or two on it. Slimedogs that steal stuff thinking your out on a boat need to get the ,,,, scared out of them once in a while.

14. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Jim,
    I did not notice the tire was gone until about 3 days after my trip. I am not even sure this happened there. But I left the truck unsupervised for three days, so I can only speculate..

I have heard some other dudes getting their stuff stolen as well.

~A

15. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    One serious idea about having people not messing with your stuff. The possiblility of attaching a blinking red light, battery powered, in an obvious spot on your equiptment. The fake alarm light may be just the ticket to keep hands off.
    Second thought, after parking your trailer, put a hub cap on with marbles in it, heck of a racket!
    Just Thoughts!