Bartlett or Roosevelt time for a switch?

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Secret Agent, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Secret Agent

Secret Agent New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hey Im a new member and love the site. I have been fishing Roosevelt alot lately but live only 30 minutes from Bartlett. Sure would be nice to get to know that lake. I fish Roosevelt because I aways catch fish and good ones there cant say the same for Bartlett. I must be doing something wrong:angry: . Point is I am tired of the drive to and from Roosevelt and would like to stay at home on Bartlett. Have boat with all the bells and whistles but dont know what part of the lake to fish. Ive tried yellow cliffs the river mouth and the dam nothing worth while. Help me please what do i need to do to fish Bartlett right??? do I hit the points? the cove mouths? Look for river channel at a certain depth? Flats by the dam near drop off? The drop off by the marina?
    Also where do I catch carp in lake?? And what do I use to catch them?

Any pointers would be awesome.:big_smile:

2. shorepatrol

shorepatrol New Member

State:
    AZ
    all the carp I catch are to big for bait, all I use are bluegills, I find a big flat up the river with deep water close, I've been catching alot of 10lbers but nothing big in a long, long time.

3. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Look for the rock Islands across from the main marina. As is protocal look for flats with adjacent drop offs. If you look at prior posts there are several with good instructions on the area around the rock islands. I prefer the river end of the lake by shiprock. As for carp I usually will beach the boat, crumble up some bread and throw it about 5-6 feet from shore. I will then wad up a semi small piece of bread on a hook with no weight and flip the bait out into the area I chummed. Just keep an eye on your pole so that it doesnt launch into the lake. If the carp are too big, cut them into strips and use as cut bait. Hope this helps a little. Good luck

4. Secret Agent

Secret Agent New Member

State:
    Arizona
    That helps alot I will try it tonight heading out in about an hour I'll let you know how we do. Thanks for the info.