Bartlett on Thursday ?

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ike whitson, Jul 12, 2006.

1. ike whitson

ike whitson New Member

State:
    ariz/northwest
    Going thursday night ---- Anybodyelse???????:smile2:

2. Husker

Husker New Member

State:
    Scottsdale, Az.
    Going to Bartlett on Sat. Night.

3. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Going Friday to Monday. Fishing up river on Fri and Sat. I plan on trying across from the main marina Sun night. WIll be in a 28ft toon with green top. Will also be in the company of a 15ft blue sunfire (I think) bass/ski boat. Family outing weekend.

4. ike whitson

ike whitson New Member

State:
    ariz/northwest
    You just never know, one day easily turns into-----???? So Maybe I'll have the pleasure of meeting some of you catfishin Brother's.

Keep your Rod Tip"s UP and, Your line tight !

P.S. I'll be in a white Lund say Hi if you see us.

5. Secret Agent

Secret Agent New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Im going out tonight as well I'll be in a white 20' prosport will try down the river early then move over across from the marina later. will look for you to say hello good luck where are you going?

6. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    My wife and I will be at Bartlet Saturday night.
    * Hopefully the newly welded toon holds up.

~ My boat has a new shade I made last weekend, I constructed it out of PVC piping. Goofy looking but it keeps me cool.

HOPE EVERYONE DOES REALLY WELL.

LETs SAY EVERY ONE MEET at the sandy beach Across from the dam nearest to the Rock Island ~ I call it; DEAD BASS ROCK.

* I stuck a 4 lb largemouth bass on a pole sticking out of the top of the rock the night I got those two fish on my avitar. The Bass was gut hooked and bleeding profusly by the time I got it to the boat. (Stupid thing ate a chunck of cut carp.) Last time I was there it was fish jerky.

* Let's compare catches from the night. Who ever gets the bigun, is king:lol: .

See you out there..
    ~A

7. Matthew Cook

Matthew Cook Member

State:
    Arizona
    fished saturday across the marina. caught some fish early off in deep water. were fishing a small drop off in about 15 feet of water. we managed to get a few flatties, 14#, 13#, 3# and some tiny guys. all on bluegill excetp for one on cut carp. after about midnight it shut off and we caught a few hours of sleep. we might make it out to the lake again this weekend, will have to check our schedule.
    peace

8. Husker

Husker New Member

State:
    Scottsdale, Az.
    Fish sat. night, we had three runs one hook up the broke off and two non hook up's. All bites were on blue gills and sun fish, great weather. I won't be out for two weeks now, but when i do i will be going to Bartlett again.

9. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    But we already knew that.

~ Saturday night was the first night in a real long time that I got skunked. Did however get a few nice channel cats, no flathead.
    ~ Had 6 runs, live carp and cut carp... I could not catch a freak'in cold that night....

10. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Fri and Sat night went just past the no wake bouyies on the river end. Several smaller channels. Had multiple runs on gills.The main action was on a pole casted no further than 20 yards from the shore. Sun went across from the Marina and hooked a 5lb channel on a gill. Had multiple runs and caught my personal best. I guessed it weighed around 30lbs. My F-in-Law thought it weighed thirty easily. He thought about 35-40. I didnt have a scale to weigh it. Next item to purchase. Had a good storm on Sat and Sun. The Sat one was really intense. Sundays storm was an excellent display of lightening. Cant wait to go back!!! Have another story about a rattler but will start a different post on it.

11. Matthew Cook

Matthew Cook Member

State:
    Arizona
    great job mike! would love to see a picture of ur fish.

12. Matthew Cook

Matthew Cook Member

State:
    Arizona
    Andy,
    The King? i think it will be a long time before the 'KING' title is taken away from u andy, lol
    see u fellas this weekend!

13. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Thanks Matthew. I had my father-in-law take a picture but it really doesnt do the fish justice. I will post the pic soon

14. Matthew Cook

Matthew Cook Member

State:
    Arizona
    i know what u mean mike. when u look at a picture of ur giant it always seems smaller than in ur hand. and it always has u questioning ur scale. lol

15. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Matthew I added a pic of the fish. Isnt the fish in your Avitar a 32pounder? When I compare it to my pic of the fish yours seems lots larger.:eek:oooh: It may be the way the photo was taken. Since i didnt have a scale to weigh it, I wasnt sure and after seeing your pic i dont belive mine was a 30lber. No matter its still a nice fish and it was definately over 24lbs so its still my personal best. I wished I would have previewed the pics before I let it go.

Attached Files:

16. Matthew Cook

Matthew Cook Member

State:
    Arizona
    mike, yes the fish in my profile is 32#. cant really tell by ur pic but it looks like a pretty good fish. u have to be careful though, those 20-25 pounders can look very deciving. the fish in my pic was 46 inches long. it came from my chin to my knees. maybe if u can remember how long the fish was on ur body we can get a better idea of how mutch the fish weighs.

17. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Mat. I measured from where I was holding the head down to my knees which is were the tail would be if it was straight. The distance is 3ft 3inches. I also measured the width of the head and it was approximately 14 inches across. Of course these are approximates since in my infinate wisdom I didnt measure the fish either. Simply a boneheaded move on my part. Live and learn. #1 get a scale, #2 check the pics before you release the fish,#3 take a measurement of the fish.

18. Matthew Cook

Matthew Cook Member

State:
    Arizona
    sorry for the mistake, after double checking in the photos i took of the fish, it ended up being a little smaller, about 40 inches. that was a bone-head move on my part. it was a very long fish and dindn't really have that much of a girth, and was a bit slender in the tail section. i say ur fish would definatly be your new personal best. some flatheads are short and fat, while others are long and skinny. u just never know the true weight without a scale. sorry again for the mistake.

19. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    No need to be sorry. "It is what it is" so to speak. Hopefully it wont be the last big fish i get and you live and learn. I will be picking up a scale the next couple of days. That will settle the issue.:wink: