Bartlett Newbie 7-11-09

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by dsfrye1, Jul 11, 2009.

1. dsfrye1

dsfrye1 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hello everyone. I am new to flatheads and I am getting excited to get a big one. I am fishing Bartlett tonight an was wondering if where I am headed is a good idea or not? I will be picking up some gills and carp around the Bartlett Flats Campground area (hope that will do). Towards dusk I will head over to Cat Bay near the Squaw Flats for rest of the night. My boat is an old school Sears Jonboat with a small trolling motor (it gets the job done:big_smile:). Does the Cat Bay area sound good for starters. Last weekend I fished the opening of the Salt River going into Roosevelt, I pulled out a nice five or six pound Channel biggest I have ever seen or caught. Thanks all

2. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    I have never fished in cat bay so I can't offer any help there. I fish upriver and have done well so I have not tried other parts of Bartlett. There might be better fishing than upriver but I like up there away from most of the party boats and bass fisherman. Hope you have good luck and post your results for us. Thanks AF

3. dsfrye1

dsfrye1 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Well my buddy and I ended up fishing yellow cliffs and I think part of Cat Bay. We pulled in a 9lb 12oz Flathead and a 3lb 5oz Bass. that was pretty much it. We were using small gills that I had been catching waiting on my buddy to show up. Next weekend I am off to Roosevelt, where the salt river meets the lake. I am hoping to do better. any tips. attached pics

Attached Files:

4. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Congrats,cant complain too much!!:big_smile:

5. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Drew,

That flathead looks nice & fat - great job & thanks for the pics!

6. AZBADBOYCATFISH

AZBADBOYCATFISH New Member

State:
    PHOENIX ARIZONA
    good stuff and nice pics. I'm also interested in hooking up some big flatts this year.

7. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    believe he said he used gills.
    gary

8. cat-tracker

cat-tracker New Member

State:
    arizona
    Nice fish Drew, glad to see you caught some.