Bartlett lake

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by AZflats, Dec 28, 2006.

1. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Anyone visit this lake lately? It has been over a month and I am starting to have withdrawals.
    * Last time I went, the water was way down.

~ Anyhow, myself and a bud are headed to Bartlett Sat-Sun to try and find some catfish-sicles.

* If you go, look for the Mean Green pontoon slaying the bluegills.
    ~A

2. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    we havent been, pretty much put up the cattie gear, isnt this normal around here around this time? I do though wish you the best of luck, cause it you hit, I am dusting off the clickers. Best of luck, hope you slay em

3. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I usually go once around Christmas time, I don't think I hooked up last year, but I did get a few in 2004. Here is a photo of some winter cats I took from Bartlett in Christmas 2004.

* I think the trick is to move spots frequently... Trouble is getting motivated to move spots when it is 30 degrees and windy. Brrr.

~A

Attached Files:

4. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    man andy ya got some nice cats there, wish they were bitting around here the river has been dead, the SoCal papers say the fishing is good for cats on the river LOL:lol: , hope u have some luck:smile2:

5. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Thanks Dale, unfortunently I could not find them this time. The water is way down and the lake is so unfamiliar.. I had located some spots which looked good, but only caught one giant carp on a night crawler. I did have a short run on a cut bluegill, but that was probably a small channel cat.. Also, the gills were real hard to find. It took several hours to find half a dozen or so to use for bait.

Check out the attached photo I took: The water had receded so much, it exposed the hiding spots where some big uns will be hiding once the water is up again... I can't think of a better spot to try this spring....

It is on the NE end of the lake across from the dam. If you make it to the lake, I would use this time to run the shore line and look for artifacts, or other good spots to mark on the 'ol GPS. :lol:
    Take care!

Attached Files:

6. shorepatrol

shorepatrol New Member

State:
    AZ
    Nice find with the lake level down , makes me wish I didn't sell my boat, I think youv'e got a winner of a spot there once the water level is up next summer

7. ike whitson

ike whitson New Member

State:
    ariz/northwest
    Hey Andy,
    Happy New Year!!!
    Where about is all that concrete at,? Looks like it might hold fish when the water comes back up. Why are the knotheads at the game and fish releasing
    so much water this early?