Bartlett Lake - water low and fishing tough.

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Da Chummer, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Got a wild hair this weekend and decided to go check on Bartlett Lake. They have dropped it almost 13 ft since i was there a week ago. Where i caught fish is now dry/muddy land. The river water was 69* and the lake is 74*. Hopefully they let it stabalize for awhile. It really seems to have turned off the fish. Even bait fishing was harder than it was a week agao. Just fyi.

2. RedCorn

RedCorn New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Dame thanks for the news, I was about to go out there and fish for a while but I guess ill wait for a while now, thanks again bro

3. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Thanks Travis,

I had Bartlett in mind for this weekend but decided on going to the lake I know alot better. This lake is spiritual to me, no other lake has done this to me and the fishing is very bad at times. But when it's good :eek:oooh::crazy::eek:oooh:

4. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Thanks for the post. I am sure it is helpful to fisherman planning a Bartlett trip. I am planning a Roosevelt overnighter tomorrow.

5. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    13 feet?:crazy: I knew my brother took long showers, but jeez!

6. RedCorn

RedCorn New Member

State:
    Arizona
    You think the lake is still doing bad now or no?? you think I will catch anything?

7. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    It is still dropping fast. I don't know if it'll be good fishing or not. I'm not a good guage to go by. I'm Da Skunker. LOL I do know you'll have a better chance ripping out a flathead at the lake than you will at home.

8. RedCorn

RedCorn New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hahaha, alright then bro thanks, I was kinda thinking not to go neither because it didnt feel right. Yeah I might just go to the fair then, or just drink with some friends, thanks again bro

9. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Oh, we're going.
    Somewhere. Anywhere.

10. RedCorn

RedCorn New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I know but where?? Think we can catch fish with the boat at bartlet? or how is Pleasent doing on fishing?

11. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Depends on what you and robert want to do. I want to land a few before my teeth start chattering.

12. RedCorn

RedCorn New Member

State:
    Arizona

Lol yea right, it aint that cold out there

13. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thats what Im saying, I want to get out there BEFORE it gets colder.

14. RedCorn

RedCorn New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Lol I know huh. im trying to get a hold of robert right now, but he aint picking up.

15. RedCorn

RedCorn New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Well, let me know tommorrow because I am going to be at school; I want to leave right before I get out , so let me know on here allright?

16. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Trippy. Who changed the title? The water is dropping fast, but still in the 80% full range. Fishing was tough for me, but i'm not a good guage to go by. I might have just picked the wrong places. By all means it should be good fishing right now. So i wouldn't call it "Low Water fishing tough" It'd be "Water dropping faster than normal and Da Chummer got skunked on Flatheads". :wink:

17. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Got back from an all nighter. Fished the coves across from the dam.
    Carp, cut carp, carp heads, bluegills, etc. all night didnt get a single bite.
    Caught an obnoxious 8 inch channel that finned me not once but twice.
    The channel bite was good early on but tapered off until nothing after 10-11 oclock. Had the carp doing backflips after I threw out two cans of corn. Other than that, pretty lame considering there were three of us with 2 poles each and we only managed to land 3 channels in 9 hours. Two channels we kept and are going to stunt double as lunch.:wink:

18. RedCorn

RedCorn New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Man that trip was a unsuccess, lol we had all those poles out and still no bite's. I think the Chummer put's his opinon on lock on this one lol

19. himmelstrasse

himmelstrasse New Member

State:
    arizona
    the minnow would be lost. the minnow would be lost!!

Attached Files:

20. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    GILLIGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YOU DID IT AGAIN!!!!!!!