Bartlett Lake water level

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by AZflats, Apr 23, 2007.

1. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Anyone hear anything about this. I was there over the weekend and it is the same level as it was last month. (Reason I know is because I built a fire pit last month at water level, and last weekend, it was exposed again.)
    * Seemed for a while it came up a few feet, but now it is back down again.
    * Why aren’t they going to just let her fill up? Usually it is pretty full this time of year because the demand for water is higher...

Low water during the spawn coupled with high fishing pressure is going to devastate my favorite lake.:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

2. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    I don't know what they are doing with that poor lake, all I know is that it is hard as heck to find a bank to fish from! All along where I used to set up chairs is where I have to park now, and the bank has become a steep drop-off. I hope we will see it come up soon.

3. royerj1

royerj1 New Member

State:
    Tempe AZ
    This was from another site a few days ago.
    SRP was asked to hold water in Horseshoe so the Forest Service could extend the Jojoba ramp. It takes about a year or more to get the permit to do the work, and by the time the FS got the permit, the water came up.
    As of last week, they were going to release 125 cfs out of Bartlett until the water elevation hits 1745. That's down about 4 1/2 feet from from where it was last week.
    When the water gets where they need it to be, they'll pour concrete out as far as they can, then lay precast concrete panels past that. They're hoping for a 60' to 70' extension. The construction is expected to be completed by the end of May. That may seem like a long time, but the guys from the development branch said that's the fastest extension they will have done in AZ history.
    They can't hold off on it or they'll lose the grant money, and as slow as the lake's been filling, people would be launching from the dirt for a while anyway.

John

4. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Thanks John,
    I appreciate the info... But why would they want to extend the ramp 60 feet? Do they expect the lake to drop that far down? Or are they going to widen the ramp?
    Take care!

5. royerj1

royerj1 New Member

State:
    Tempe AZ
    Hey AZflats, I don't know the answer to your question about whether they expect the lake to drop. Also, I've heard no mention of them widening the ramp, just extending.

John

6. bartlettcat

bartlettcat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    thanks john they said they were going to raise it for the last couple monthsd

7. steve jurich

steve jurich New Member

State:
    arizona
    Himy name is ste ve,Ithink they lowered the lake to work on the ramps they said they would be fixed by the end of the month,then they will release water from horseshoe lake. I moved here from sacramento ca. for health reasons love to flat fish,I,ve been to bartlett 2x would like to know where to fish for the big boys. My son has a boat last summer we fished acrosse from rattle snake on the other side of lake, caught some real nice channels, had real nice run on one pole with blugill. I think it was a flatty ,it snapped me off was using 30#test . ilive in queen creek Would like to know more aboutwhere to fish on the lake. you seem to know bartlett&rosie pretty good, would like to here from you or even go fishing with you , I,m a new member of BOC thanks steve jurich (lungercat)

8. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    welcome steve to the BOC< you are amongst great people and fisherman. Bartlett is a great flat lake, just not for HUGE fish. You can catch many 10-20 lbers and We actually caught on right at 40 last fall. They have bigguns in there just the pan friers always seem to get to you first. Again, welcome-brother

9. steve jurich

steve jurich New Member

State:
    arizona
    Just happen to look in paper today and lake level has come up to 41% was 37%. Idon't know if ramps are open , called and left message no call back. thanks steve (lungercat)

10. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    It has been teatering back and forth for a while.. It was 41% last time I went and the ramps were still closed...

11. stinky fingers

stinky fingers New Member

State:
    Buckeye,Arizona
    I was up there over the holiday weekend and the ramp was in the water but was still closed. We launched from shore didn't have any problem. Caught a few small flats midlake.