Bartlett Lake/ Verde River

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by Apache Flats, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Ok everyone that fish for Flats in this lake in your opinion, do you prefer to fish the main part of the lake or up river say above yellow cliffs. Curious to see how many or few responces to this one.:big_smile_2:

2. Lenny The Lamb

Lenny The Lamb New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I can't speak from experience, but most of what I've heard on here from the masters is either up river, or across from the marina. How'd ya do Apache??

3. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I used to fish the pools immediately downstream of the dam but a trip there recently revealed that homeland security doesnt like anyone approaching dams for any reason whatsoever for some reason.
    I caught a huge channel (20+) one time right at the first big eddy out of the spillway.

4. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I think both areas can be good.. I am going to try to get up to Bartlet next weekend for a three day trip with an old fishing buddy... I will fish the main lake area the first night, and unless I slaughter them that first night, I will go up river the second night..

* I have a few areas at the main lake near the dam that have done well for me this time of year..

* If I was going to the lake for only one night though, I would pick the main lake... But that is only because I know how to catch 'em there. I have gotten skunked far more often in the river..

But, if you were to ever talk to one of the old timers that frequently fish Bartlet for Flatheads, they would tell you the river is the spot...

~A

5. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Hey Lenny, I am going to the lake on the 12th and leaving on the 14th. Thanks guys for your responces, I will fish the lake the first night and see what happens. The second night's fishing spot will depend on the first. But this time I will be able to cruise the whole lake and go upriver on a pontoon. It will be most excellent for future trips to this place.:dribble:

:0a17: Here kitty kitty kitty

6. Lenny The Lamb

Lenny The Lamb New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Well, anthony I just have a funny feeling you are going to find a cozy spot, and be listening to some drag echoing off the rocks!! I LOVE that lake, and it's a fact there are some great fish to be had there!!
    I'm looking forward to your trip for you. We are going to Flag for the weekend at my Son's hockey buddie's cabin, and I am going to try my luck at Lake Mary for a few of those big pike they have been reporting for weeks!!
    Have a safe 4th!!!!! EVERYONE!! This is one of those notorious crazy weekends on the water, so take an extra look!!!

7. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    ** Hey Anthony, Looks like i will be there that weekend as well. I am going 11th- the 13th...

* I will be in the main lake Friday, so maybe our paths will cross..
    * I am in a green pontoon, so look out for us.

~A

8. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Andy, I will be scouting around the lake early saturday morning and then swimming with the kids and maybe a little fishin in between. Later in the evening I am hoping to be in my night spot somewhere across from the marina unless my gut feeling tells me otherwise. :wink: I will be in a rental pontoon with my wife, two girls, and a little yorki. If you hear yelling it's from my boat lol :smile2::smile2::smile2: I will be sure to stop by and say hi if I see you guys and congradulate the man who cpr that big flattie.:eek:oooh:

9. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    Both are good. I would say if you are after monsters though, you should be across from Jojoba.

There are supposed to be a lot of 10 - 20 pound fish up river, according to Game and Fish surveys.

10. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Hi James, I dont know where Jojoba is I cant see it on my map. I have places like beehive pt, sheep creek cove, indian wash, jack cove, ship rock, black rock, crappie cove, echo bay, ect,. is that place anywhere close to any of these places? Thanks

11. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    Jojoba is the main launch, where the marina is.