Bartlett Lake trip 04/21

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Tym2Fish, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    TopJimmy myself and "The PajamaMan" are going to Bartlett for an extended trip. Leaving this afternoon and returning on Tuesday 04/25. Nice l o n g extended trip. Except for TopJimmy who has to work Monday...Boo..Boo:thumbdown . Hoping the lake is still "en fuego" as the the pre spawn bite should be in full motion.Good luck to all who venture out this weekend and stay safe.

2. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    Gabba gabba hey

Hey ho let's go

3. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Wow,
    That's quite the trip. Don't forget the sun screen.
    ~ Leave some big ones for me!!!!

4. shorepatrol

shorepatrol New Member

State:
    AZ
    I'll be out sat and sun , I'm in a white , teal and black astro bass boat , say hey if you see us

5. Matthew Cook

Matthew Cook Member

State:
    Arizona
    went out to bartlett saturday night. didn't start fishing till about 7 pm. we were across the lake by yellow cliffs, but had now bites. we moved at about 10 pm to one of our coves we always have luck in. over the course of a couple hours we had some descent runs but didn't hook anything. the fish were dropping the bait. it wasn't until 3 am when we had caught a fish. it was a 7 # flathead. in the mourning around 6 am caught a decent channel. we had 4 poles total, 2 with bluegill and 2 with water-dogs. the only action all night was on the water-dogs. they were big, like 8 inches. we even had some 6-7 inch baby carp but nothing on that.

6. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    The lake was great, alot of top water action in the river end and the bite was so..so.. Caught a 5 or 6 # flatty on a gill. Caught numerous small 12-16 inch baby flatties. Had the bulk of runs Friday and Mon evening. Sat and Sun the wind blew very hard and ruined one easy-up, one lantern, and pushed the boat into rocks. Thank goodness only the transducer was damaged. One in our group hooked a really nice fish Fri when he set the hook there was no play just a log. Too bad the fish ended up snagging him up on some rocks. We pulled out alot of gourging fat channels. The largest of which was around 6-7#. Landed several gills about 1/4 mile up river from ship rock. These gills were some of the largest I have ever seen come from Bartlett they were big enough to suck down a 5 inch shad. Over all it was an expensive trip but had a good time with some good friends.

7. Marc_g

Marc_g New Member

State:
    Arizona
    were the channels taking your blulegills or were you using cut bait also?

Marc

8. Matthew Cook

Matthew Cook Member

State:
    Arizona
    ya, all those runs when the fish drop the bait are all channels. when a flathead bites there isn't much you can do to make him spit the bait.

9. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    I did not use cut bait. I was using gills, crawlers, dead shad.