Bartlett Lake tonight

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by micah, May 30, 2008.

1. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    I'm headed out to Bartlett as soon as I hit send. If anyones out and about look for a very unique homemade tri hull. That's redneck for a flatback canoe with 2 kayaks attached to it. Myself and an old-timer. Say hello and I'll let yall know how I do tomorrow..
    Micah

2. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Micha,
    let us know if we have much shoreline and if you can get the water temp that would be great. Good luck to you guys. td

3. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    Attention......Only for those who CPR......
    Good news...... There's tons of shoreline up river at Bartlett. The water has gone down since i was there last. The water temp in the main lake averaged about 75 all the way up to 78. The temp all the way up river as far as you can go was 72-73 degrees. We caught an 18,15,14 and an 8 pounder. We had no problem catching bait anywhere. We ran into a friend of my buddy's up stream and he had several 15 -20 # and 1 hog. I've got a few ok pictures and when I figure out how to make them smaller I will post them.
    It was pretty chilly at night and if I didn't have a bag and warm clothes I would have been miserable. The lake and conditions were perfect..

Non CPR's fishing sucked, there draining Bartlett due to massive fish kill. To many fisherman keeping enough fish to feed a small army.

Micah

4. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    i'm old and kinda slow at times, so explain this to me in terms i can understand. you said, "there draining bartlett due to massive fish kill. too many fisherman keeping enough fish to feed a army". somewhere, i've lost the sense to that.
    i've always thought a massive fish kill was caused by chemicals, poisons, algie blooms, ect. not people taking home fish to eat.
    can you clarify that statement as to why they are draining the lake cause people are eating fish?
    i'm really not trying to start anything, but it was a wild statement and if there is grounds, i'll be upset also.
    gary

5. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    Sorry if my statement wasn't taken right. I meant no offense. I was just making light of a post recently about someone taking 50 flats home from the lake recently. There was a lot of talk about killing that many fish in one trip and why someone would need that much fish.
    There not draing Bartlett nor has there been a massive fish kill.
    The lake was beautiful and prime for the Flats.

Micah

6. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    I do take a few Flats home every year to eat. I'm single so I don't need much. I couldn't imagine taking 50 home but if someone needs them and uses them I have absolutely no problem with it.
    I guess it's better than the bowfisherman who shoot ton's of carp and throw them on shore to rot in the sun right behind my favorite spot to pitch a tent on the beach.

Micah

7. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    thanks for responding micah. but if i had planned on going to bartlett, i would of cancelled cause you said they were draining.
    what i like about this site, most are honest posts. least within sense. (not refering to yours either.)
    that really sounds like a wonerful lake. i'm way down in yuma and with price of gas, don't see it in the future.
    i am gonna make the blythe gathering next weekend though. hope you can.
    gary

8. luv2fishaz

luv2fishaz New Member

State:
    arizona
    It gets under my skin when people take more than they can possibly eat and I dont think alot of people understand how old flatheads can get and when they take any thing in the 30# up class I dont think they realize they just took another breeder out of the population. Of course this is just my opinion.
    Ed

9. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Nice job Micha!!
    I Can't wait to see the pictures...

* I hope you bring along this good luck of yours this weekend at the river..

Later~

10. HugeEuge57

HugeEuge57 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Nice job Micah. I went to Rattlesnake Cove early Saturday morning and had no luck. I caught some bait but no takers.

11. Lenny The Lamb

Lenny The Lamb New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Micah,
    Did you get your fish up river, and what depth were you fishing at? I am brand new on the Flatti hunt, and definitely still trying to find my way as far as picking a spot. I was at Bartlett Memorial Day, and up river the depths seemed pretty consistent, with a few holes.

12. HAWG SEEKER

HAWG SEEKER New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Man, ill tell you what, this last Saturday 06/31/2008 went to Barlett Lake. Went with the wifey ( which wasnt my hilife ). Fished at rattle snake cove at the dock. I got settled in and put my rods on each side of the walk way. I started to hear one of my bells strated to ring. Didnt get excited, wanted to see some real bell ringing action. Was using frozen liver on a triple hook. My other rod I had 7 night crawers, sprayed some galic scent, and sprayed some enise ( sorry if i misspelled it). Fish oils. We were fishing for about an hour. Around 9:00 pm. My stomach was feeling a little sour. Man my belly really hurt and started to cramp up. so you guys knows what that means. So, I told my wife: Im gonna be right back, if any thing happens just yank the rod to set tha hook and call on one of the guys to help. I just put some bungie cord on the rod and pole just in case. So i came back about 15 mins later. I saw my wife and she looked wired, like something cool just happened. She stated that one of my rods with the worms got hit so hard she thought the rod was gonna fly in the lake. She stated the rod was totaly bent, and noticed the rod was picked up from the floor.So i asked, What did you do? She said, I just started to reel in the rod slowly. So then i asked her if she yanked to set the hook? She said no. And i asked her why not? she said i did want it fish with out a lic. Man that sucked so bad. No action all night after that. Oh well i think a divorce in gonna take place. Well that was my night. Will go again this following weekend, and hit the rocks. The water is lowering some more mabye a couple of feet.I hope some other people had a better weekend?

13. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    I was fishing up river in about 12 feet of water.

14. Lenny The Lamb

State:
    Arizona
    Thanks Micah. I don't recall seeing much structure up there at that depth, but I'm sure there is some. Have you had any luck up closer to the inlet there where you can actually feel some current? I don't expect you to pinpoint your spots, (although that would be great! Ha ) but I need some help to get on that first one!! Good luck out there, and keep us posted!!

15. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Lenny,

** You gotta put in the time brother! I have gone on hundreds of catfishing trips at Bartlet and spots that produce this day, won't the next.. (I come back empty handed too often.:smile2:. But for me it is the bait fishing and the relaxation)

You will come up empty a lot! You gotta expect that sometimes, but always hope the catfish gods smile at you once in a while...

** You should come down to Blythe this weekend! I still have not caught a flathead from that river yet.. But, I am feeling lucky!
    ~A

16. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    There was plenty of structure up river and there was a lot of current where I was fishing.

17. Lenny The Lamb

State:
    Arizona
    Andy,

Trust me, I didn't expect to just drop anchor and start reeling in 40's...Ha. However, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't REALLY anxious to experience a nice run with a huge bait on. I am 44 and been fishing all my life, so I definitely understand the patience part, and just being on the water with a shot is half the fun! Since the kid at Fisherman's Choice turned me onto this site, I haven't been able to stop thinking about those monsters that are lurking around out there, and I just have to get in on the action.

18. Lenny The Lamb

State:
    Arizona
    Oh, and thanks for the invite to Blythe, but my son plays travel hockey, and he has some practices this weekend, among other comittments, so I can't make it, but I'll be pulling for ya to have a nice report for us all early next week.

19. Lenny The Lamb

State:
    Arizona
    Hey can one of you guys help this idiot to get my picture on here? I don't have any with a big cat yet, but I can find something that will work for now, until I can put all this great info mto use!

20. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Lenny,
    Click on you name once you get into your profile click on edit avatar. The browse button will allow you to navagate where you have your pic saved on your computer. Modify your pic to the proper size as instructed. Good luck. td