Bartlett Lake This past weekend

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by loocatthat, Nov 16, 2009.

1. loocatthat

loocatthat New Member

State:
    az
    Went to bartlet friday and sat night. Got a 8 , 9 , and 27lb. Caught the 27 on a medium action spinning rig with 10 lb test. That was a ride! The lake is real low. We fished a bit north of the flats. A bit slow, but it sure beats working! Anyone else been out lately?

2. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Awesome, was that 27 your pb?

3. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Sounds like a great trip.. 27# is awesome..Thanks for the report..

And, Welcome to the BOC!!

4. loocatthat

loocatthat New Member

State:
    az
    Yea, that 27 is my best SO FAR. Im on the hunt for a 40. Thats my goal anyway. Im from Chicago and just started flathead fishing since ive moved out to az. Been out on bartlett 4 times now and always get some.Biggest before this was about 20 but I didnt have a scale. Then I bought a scale and guessed a fish at 12.5, hooked the scale to it , and it WAS 12.5 on the money! Im itchin to get back out there!

5. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Congrats and welcome!!:big_smile:

6. blackout240

blackout240 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Nice....the luck must be on your side cuz everytime i go out there i get skunked. congrats

7. loocatthat

loocatthat New Member

State:
    az
    Yea, I try to spread out my poles if im camping with a fire and noise. That 27 pounder came from the pole furthest away from us. May be coincidence, but I think not. I also found a nice big rock pile to build the fire in. It hid the flames from the lake. If your fishing a steep drop try casting down the shoreline instead of straight out into deep water. I think the fish might roam the shoreline looking for food. I cought that big one about 10 feet out from shore. If you arent catching fish, switch it up a bit and try different things. Good luck.

8. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    yeah thats why i hate fishing with my buddie cause he thinks cause u go to the lake u have to have a fire that the flames are atleast 10ft tall. i dont fish within a 1/4 mile of him :big_smile: and he never catches any fish i think he is scared of the hoofman:eek:oooh:

9. brianthelion02

State:
    arizona
    Ive seen the Hoofman!!:crazy:

10. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I usually have a wood fire going in my boat when it is cold out. But usually when it is cold, I am fishing deep so it does not seem to matter much what light is given off at the surface... I do however agree about complete silence.. This usually drives my fishing buddies nuts when I try to keep them quite and they want to drink and talk loud...

11. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ

12. brianthelion02

State:
    arizona
    :smile2: You just added another 3 foot to Robs boat in his head,he never thought about a firepit and wood storage!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

13. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ

LOL, You are something else!

14. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    right next to the sand volleyball court....that's at the back end of the boat...

15. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    No room for volley ball or fire pit, however, I will have a 12DC Fridge, or LP Gas for sure! I can't wait until build time!

16. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    What about the bait and tackle shop off to the right side of his boat?

17. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona

18. brianthelion02

State:
    arizona
    With the sound of the trickling water running into the pontoon!!Brings back great memories!:wink:

19. BubbaCat

BubbaCat Well-Known Member

State:
    Arizona
    and he has seen you:crazy:

20. BubbaCat

BubbaCat Well-Known Member

State:
    Arizona
    and he has seen YOU:crazy: