Bartlett Lake results 4/21-22

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by tdpasser, Apr 25, 2006.

1. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Fished through the night and lost a very big fish with a lot of power, it took me into a rocky area and busted my 30lb mono leader. I felt the weight banging against the rocks and played tug of war for a couple of seconds after it's powerful run. The leader was very freyed and broke a couple of inched above the hook. I still kills me to think about it. I'm going to switch to Power Pro 65/15 which I have on a couple rigs but I'm going to use it for main line and leader I don't care if I stand to loose line I want a shot at pulling these fish through the rocks this area is hot but snaggy. I caught a 9lb channel biggest channel of my life and got 4 other pretty good runs for a total of about 6 runs or so all dropping the bait though. The channel was caught on a fresh carp chunk with a 7/0 kale. Going again hopfully on Friday 4/28 night. I'm really trying to get a large fish this year my best is 16 and I would like to beat that.

2. shorepatrol

shorepatrol New Member

State:
    AZ
    hey td how are you , I was up last weekend and only got one run on my bluegill all night , the next day we caught about 15 bass , so it wasn't too bad. Hope to see you out there soon, I'm in a different boat, white , balck and teal astro bass boat , still have the green toyota 4x4 with a black shell on it , say hey if you see us, good luck.

3. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    TD were on the lake did you fish? We spent alot of time around Shiprock and had some really good runs Fri and Mon night. Caught alot of small flatts and several decent sized channels. Even caught some really big gills. Were are you planning on fishing this weekend? Maybe I will bring my lil 12ft sea nymph and meet up with you.

4. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    shorepatrol, howdy I got me a toyota 4dr 4x4 also I like it compaired to the F-150 I had which really sucked the gas. Will gladly say hi if i see ya bro!

Tym2Fish, I fish mostly across from the SB launch in the back coves just north of the yellow cliffs. I will be there if I can get the time offline. I'm oncall at times and when I have to cover there is no phone conectivity out there so I just don't go when I'm stuck being oncall. Friday night would be when I would go if I can go. I will find out tomorrow night if a co-worker will cover the oncall. I too recently broke my transducer on my lowrance, really sucks not sure if I will upgrade or replace the tranducer. I really need to have a fish finder for depth at least.

5. oz31p

oz31p New Member

State:
    arizona
    im glad that bartlett heating up as im coming home on R&R and we are going catfishing some where off the 42 rd, just not sure where, on the 12-14 of may. cant wait. i been in iraq for the last 7 months waiting for R&R to go wheeling my 4runner up the 42 road/flathead fishing.

6. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    FR 42 is closed. All of the trails around Bartlett are closed because of the fire damage.