Bartlett Lake on the 4th

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by micah, Jul 5, 2007.

1. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    I went out to Bartlett yesterday and damn it was hot. I should have stayed home. The heat must have driven the big gills down. I caught some decent bait but nothing huge. I had one on at about 11 pm and lost it. It wasn't real big from what I could feel. I caught a lot of bass but no flats.
    Pray for the monsoon
    Micah

2. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    brave of you to brave the heat. i am not sure about flatties now, it may be a fall thing now. the heat is just tooo muuch!:eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

3. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Too bad you did not get anything. I think I will try again this weekend if the monsoons don't come. I tried last weekend and did not get a single run the whole night. The bait catching was slow too..

* Also, ended up dropping my new Sure Fire flashlight in the lake in about 30 feet of water.. :embarassed:
    * Pulled out the 'ol scuba gear yesterday.. I am going to try and find it the next time I am out... Also while I am down there, have a little talk with those reluctant flattys... Maybe I can figure out what they are up to..:tounge_out:

4. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    If I'm not mictaken those are magnetic. I've got a huge magnet that'll probably pick up 20 pounds. If you want to boorow it let me know. Speaking of scuba diving, i just got my study guide and a friend is going to teach and certify me and my brother. I'm pretty excited about that. Any helpful hints on the subject. I cgot that 23 # in the river and I fished on the western shoreline between the main ramp and sb cove. I picked up at about midnight and move a couple hundred yards. No luck. There somewhere in there and I'm determined to find them. Where did you fish last weekend?
    Micah

5. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I find at this time of year the cats wait until about an hour before dawn thru first light to feed. Not many people up catfishing at that time though.

6. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    When I go I'm out there with bait in the water before dark and at least an hour after dawn. I think it's location. With the water level, no water flow and the water temp I don't think there in there normal routine. I think it's just a matter of finding them. But then again I could be completely wrong.
    Micah

7. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    The bezel and head are aluminum, but the pocket clip should be metal. I think I will be trying the magnet approach, definitely..
    * It has been about 4 years since the last time I went scuba diving and I am getting syched up about it. I can't wait, hopefully I can go back and do this within the next few weeks.. I was hoping for tomorrow, but now that is not looking so good...

* I was fishing around the rocky islands across from the marina last weekend. I was in a good spot, I just picked a bad night, I guess.

*Once you get your equipment, we should dive together at pleasant.. The visibility is about 20+ feet... I did it at pleasant a few years ago and found a nice bait caster rig that fell off someone’s boat, cleaned it up and still use it occasionally.

Take Care~

8. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    I'm pretty psyched about getting certified. I've always wanted to try it.

I work at the airport and live in Mesa so if you want to borrow that magnet let me know. I've seen several people out at pleasant scuba diving and the water seemed really clear. We'll definantely have to do that.

I'm gonna head out there again on Wednesday with the nephew. I have no idea where I'm going to fish.. I was thinking about trying at the yellow cliffs right next to one of the walls. It can't be any worse than all the other spots I've been to

Micah

9. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    [QUOTE
    I'm gonna head out there again on Wednesday with the nephew. I have no idea where I'm going to fish.. I was thinking about trying at the yellow cliffs right next to one of the walls. It can't be any worse than all the other spots I've been to

Micah[/QUOTE]

* That seems like a good spot. Now that the water is low, you can see all the caverns and voids all over the yellow cliff rock piles.. I could only imagine the flattys holding in those holes and nailing gills all night when the water is up.

Good luck on Wednesday//

I just picked up an air tank from a local dive shop on my lunch break.. I am going to test out my gear this weekend at a pool. Maybe I can get out to Bartlet next weekend to find my light.
    ~A

10. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    Let me know when you decide to go out. I might try to go out. Depending on work