Bartlett Lake Friday the 13th.

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by micah, Jun 16, 2008.

1. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    I took my nephew out Friday to Bartlett in hopes of catching his first big flat. We got out there kind of later than I like but we still caught plenty of gills. We fished upriver as usual. At about 9:30 he had one pick up his bait and move towards the boat. As soon as he set the hook he went straight for the current and then turned around and went straight for the weed bed I was anchored in. I was in the back of the boat so I had a real close up view of his facia;l expressions when he started trying to plow throught the weeds. It was priceless. We had 2 runs the rest of the night but the one was well worth it.

Micah

Attached Files:

2. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Good job micah with your nephew that will hook him forever. I wll be there next saturday for the first time and I cant wait. Congrats

3. Lenny The Lamb

Lenny The Lamb New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Way to go Uncle Micah!!!! How cool is that?? You gotta love when someone else gets a big thrill like that, and you are there to enjoy it. Way to go!!!

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a good time, thanks for sharing

5. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Nice job bro..

* Glad you hooked him up with his first flat..

~A

6. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Dude.... you are having a great year so far. Good job on getting your nephew a great fish. :cool2:

7. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Congrats nothing like showing someone (young or older) the ropes and being able to watch their expressions. I remember when my father-in-law caught his first flatty. He still has a picture of him holding it up on his desk. Who says you cant teach a "old dog" new tricks.

Micah how is that area depth wise. I was back there some weeks ago and it was getting fairly shalllow six foot minus in some areas. I know there are some great deeper holes in that area. I was leary to hang there in case they dropped the water level to far. That would not be a fun experience being stranded that far up river.

8. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    Where I was fishing it was about 8 feet deep. But there were areas that were 20 feet deep and areas that are 2 feet deep. If you stay near the channel you wont have a problem with the water level. The shoreline is looking real good for those wondering. There's a lot of spots to camp in what look to be some good areas to fish.
    I'll be out there again this weekend Friday night and possibly saturday night. Look for the 14 footer with a 30 horse johnson and Green Weenie on the side

Micah

9. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Thanks Micah, I am going to try the area across from the main launch. I was able to beach on the island before and there are some interesting places I want to drop a line into.

My boat gets horrible gas milage so I am planning on staying close as I can to the ramps.

10. Kubush

Kubush New Member

State:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Nice fish and thanks for posting the pics. I will heading down to Bartlett for an all nighter either Friday or Saturday. Ill be in my brothers 17ft bass tracker with him and a friend. Tight lines for all those heading out this weekend and if you see us stop by and say hello, I will have a cold one with your name on it.

11. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    Well it sounds like there's going to be quite a few of us at Bartlett this weekend. I was going to go on Freiday but I'm probablyy not going to make it till Saturday. Hopefully we'll run into each other. I'll be in the Green Weenie so say hello....... good luck to all.........
    Micah

12. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    catch one for me cauus I'm not gonna make it. have fun and be safe. overtime calls