Bartlett Lake Boat Ramps

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Husker, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Husker

Husker New Member

State:
    Scottsdale, Az.
    To all I just read this on AZBASSZONE.COM

[​IMG]
    Forest Service National Links Forest Service Home Employment Fire and Aviation International Forestry Just for Kids Maps and Brochures Passes and Permits Photo and Video Gallery Publications Recreational Activities Research and Development State and Private Forestry
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]Tonto National Forest Home[​IMG]About Us[​IMG]Contact Us[​IMG]Current Conditions[​IMG]Employment[​IMG]FAQs[​IMG]Fire & Aviation[​IMG]Forest Service Centennial[​IMG]Just 4 Kids[​IMG]Maps & Brochures[​IMG]Natural Resources[​IMG]Newsroom[​IMG]Passes & Permits[​IMG]Projects & Plans[​IMG]Publications[​IMG]Recreational Activities[​IMG]Volunteering[​IMG]Wilderness
    [​IMG][​IMG]FOIA[​IMG]Plan Revision Process[​IMG]Wildfire Prevention[​IMG]Smokey & Woodsy[​IMG]USDA Forest Service[​IMG]Evaluate Our Service
    We'd love to hear from you.
    Tonto National Forest
    2324 E. McDowell Rd.
    Phoenix, AZ 85006
    desk: (602) 225-5200
    fax: (602) 225-5295
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Newsroom

News Releases: 2007

2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001
    [​IMG] News Release

USDA Forest Service
    Tonto National Forest

Dropping water levels prompt Bartlett Lake ramp closures
    PHOENIX (January 16, 2007) – Dropping water levels at Bartlett Lake have prompted Tonto National Forest officials to close off access to both of the paved boat ramps providing access to the lake.

“The ramps at both Jojoba and Yellow Cliffs are out of the water and are unsafe for use,” said Cave Creek District Ranger Colleen Madrid. “Unfortunately, they will have to remain closed until the water level at Bartlett Lake comes back up.”

Drought and high water demand has dropped the lake to about 40 percent of capacity, and forest officials are unsure of when the ramps will be reopened. While there are some places, such as Bartlett Flats, open to shoreline boat launching, Madrid cautioned boaters to be extremely careful.

“Shorelines that were under water until very recently could be soft and potentially unstable,” she said. “We don’t want to see anyone’s vehicle stuck in the mud or end up in the lake.”

With both of the paved boat ramps exposed, the Tonto is taking advantage of the shutdown to make repairs, so that when the ramps are reopened they will be in better shape than before.

For more information, visit the Tonto’s web sit, www.fs.fed.us/r3/tonto, or call 480.595.3300.

topDisclaimers | Privacy Policy | Print This Page
    USDA Forest Service - Tonto National Forest
    Last Modified: Wednesday, 17 January 2007 at 12:48:48 EST

2. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    What the Heck?
    I can't beleive they let go of so much water...
    * Last time I was there, it was amazing how low the lake was..

~ I guess with reduced harborage for fish, we are going to have to deal with fish loss as well.

* I hope this weekends rains put a little back..