Bartlett Lake bank fishing

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by mattm, Oct 14, 2007.

1. mattm

mattm New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hey,

I'm boat-less and heading up to Bartlet this week. Are there any places you guys suggest I fish from for flatheads or channels? I don't have a high clearance vehicle either but i'm willing to hike if I need to.

Thanks,
    Matt M

2. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Matt, i'd go just past the flats where the rock piles and cove/washes are running down into the lake. Don't try the places that are the popular big washouts that every one uses. Try the places that are smaller washouts that run down into the lake and surrounded by rocks. Part of the way back you will see a big grassy/sandy flat that runs out into the river/lake. Stop before that and fish the rock piles. If you stay on the main dirt road and hike down to the lake you'll be alright. I have seen small honda civics make it back there easily. Bartlett is a hard lake to fish from the shore. Good luck.

3. mattm

mattm New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Ya it sure is hard to fish from the shore. Everything is a cliff and some nice places are impossible to get to unless you want to slide down rocks. Even the small places I could find in the rocks were steep and the ground was unstable.
    Caught an 8lb flat tho :D thanks
    Gonna have to get a small boat i guess.
    -Matt

4. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I'm glad it worked out for you.