Bartlett Lake 6/21/08

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Apache Flats, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    I got on the water around 4:00pm and first cast caught a 2lb bass and then lots of small bluegill for the night. Had one giant run 1hr after dark and it ran me into a snag, lost it. 3hrs later I caught a 27inch channel on a live bluegill. I called a night after catching this one, pictures are posted on the channel cat section. Good first trip to this lake already love it there.

:0a23:

2. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Where did you end up fishin?

3. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    I was down about a mile past yellow cliffs.

4. stinky fingers

stinky fingers New Member

State:
    Buckeye,Arizona
    Nice channel Anthony. Bartlett is a nice lake. (my favorite) Good luck on your next outing.

Take care.
    Larry

5. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Good for you Anthony. The last several times I have been up at Bartlett, the bite was slow. Going again this weekend maybe the monsoon weather change will wake them up a little.

6. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Anthony,
    It is frustrating when them flats run you into snags... When I fish next to the rocks at Bartlet, I will tight line them, or at least try to get to the reel and stop them ASAP. There are more little Flatheads than big Flatheads @ Bartlet, and those little ones are competitive with their food. They will take the bait and bolt right for cover... Usually the big cats will pick up the bait and move away real slow... They are not too worried about another fish taking their food.

* nice report.. I wish I was there..
    ~A

7. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Here is a great picture before it was released:wink:

Attached Files:

8. Lenny The Lamb

Lenny The Lamb New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Anthony, GREAT PICTURE!!! It's almost sexy!!!

9. geter done gee

geter done gee New Member

State:
    Arizona
    going to bartlett tommorow has any one had any luck bankfishing any info would be helpfull been trying for about 9 years the best i've done is a 2 pounder.:angry: