Bartlett damn

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by GETHOOKED, Nov 16, 2006.

1. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    Had every intention on getting up to Roosie but couldnt get the time, so instead a friend of mine and I headed a little closer to home to Bartlett. Well to make a long story short, we did get one run and landed the pig. Weighted 41.5 but the flash on my camera was broke so all youll see is the green off my head light. CPR'ed and worked on stayin warm the rest of the night. She hit a bluegill about 20 minutes into the trip. The water is really low and the spot we were seemed about 8-12 feet deep-"seemed"! THe fish looked really healthy, and swam right off. Great exp. and good looking fish. Have a great weekend I wont be out this weekend either. But best of luck to any of you that do!:boss: :0a23:

2. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Wow,
    41 pounds is a big fish, especialy for Bartlett lake.. Too bad you did not get a photo.. Did you fish the rock piles at the beaches across from the dam?

* I am going to Bartlett this weekend to fish the dam area as well to break in my new boat...

* Is that your Personal best?

3. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I fixed the photo a little for you...
    ~ That is a big boy~ Great job!

Attached Files:

4. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats on the nice flattie Mathew.great job on salvaging picture Andy.

5. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    Thanks for brightening the pic, gives it a little better idea. It is my partners personal best, I was not the one who got to hook into it, I do though keep telling my partner that I WAS the one who casted all the poles out, so technically I get HALF!!!:haha: I never got a bite, but enjoyed the experience of watching someone with their PB! It fought great, and even had a little extra to swim away!!!

I am not sure where we were at Bartlett. I have only fished it for bass up river. We were in a hurry to get there and got there after dark and left before first light. All I do know is that I could see the dam, we were on the left side of the damn area.:0a23: Everything seemed like rock piles, so i will say yes and maybe no about the rock piles and beachs. How could you tell beach with the water so low?.:0a26: Sorry for the bad details, but not familiar with the lake. But you can guaranteee that will change if there are flats swimmin around like that!!!! It is a lot closer to home, but I LOVE roosie. So maybe I will concentrate on Bartlett once it gets too cold up north at roosie.

What boat did you decide on?:0a22: bet you are excited to head out. becareful bartlett is low! and the rocks are high!! Let me know how you did and if you know any spots bartlett i would love to share spots, (even though I am not sure where I was!:006: ) best of luck to you this weekend!!

6. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    [ What boat did you decide on?:0a22: bet you are excited to head out. becareful bartlett is low! and the rocks are high!! Let me know how you did and if you know any spots bartlett i would love to share spots, (even though I am not sure where I was!:006: ) best of luck to you this weekend!![/QUOTE]

* Actualy it is my old boat, I had spent the last 4-5 weeks remodeling my old toon.. She almost looks good as new.. ( Been going crazy cause I have not been able to flatty fish for that time.)
    * So to me she is a new boat, and I have got to get her wet.:roll_eyes: :big_smile: :roll_eyes:

* From my expirence, Bartlet will show more fish when the water is low. Seems to give them a lot less hiding places near the dam.. I am pretty familiar with that lake and have fished it for many years. In June I caught my biggest cat I have ever seen come out of that lake, 40lbs... That was my PB at the time...

Fish over 30 lbs are difficult to catch at Bartlet.. Again good job...
    * Hope you hook into the big one next time...
    A~

7. anakin

anakin Member

State:
    Florence, Az.
    Great catch man !

I tend to do the same thing that you plan on doing with Bartlett. I go to Patagonia alot because its a lil closer & has some flattys in there. I love Rosey & the Salt river but sometimes its just to much of a drive & a lil colder then Patagonia.

8. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Excellent fish man! Good job, that might the the biggest I have heard of coming out of Bartlett all year. Excellent.

9. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    REALLY? I guess I didnt figure it to be that big, well what I mean is I have been seeing all the post (exp. from silencedmajority about the 40-50lbers) so I was figuring that it was that way all around the valley. But bartlett doesnt produce like Roosie? I will have to inform the man that caught it that it is truely a special fish from this areas water. Thanks for the info.

10. Picksecky

Picksecky New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Congrats to you guys on the nice fish. A 41 lber is a great fish anytime. I've spent a lot of nights when a 10 lber would have made me very happy, but that's just how flathead fishing goes, for me anyway. Hope you have continued good luck.

11. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    No doubt, I fished Bartlet primarily for a number of years and was never able to break twenty. In June I got a 40 lber and was estatic. Definently a big fish for Bartlet.
    * Your buddy should be proud and invest in a camera with a flash! LOL...

12. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    I tell you what I already made a agreement with the wife that I will take the "good" camera on my flat hunts as long as it doesnt come back "dirty", "broke" or etc. I am sure a couple of you can relate to this situation. But all worth it to have a permanent record of a catch like that!!!!:006:

13. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    Nice fish Matthew! The only time I got to fish Bartlet we were with my son who lives in Scottsdale, went for flatties and didn't get a bite:sad2: but we sere assured that fish like you guys caught were in there, well maybe next time, real nice fish congrads:lol: