Bartlett again

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by joeldavid, Jul 9, 2009.

1. joeldavid

joeldavid New Member

State:
    Mesa, Arizona
    I'm thinking of going to Bartlett again this weekend or next. Last time was less than fruitful but I think I'm armed with a little more knowledge this time. We fished by the inlet between s.b cove and punta de pesca last time this time I was thinking maybe we would try somewhere between black rock and indian wash cove. It looks like there is a road how is bank acess? Any other thoughts about where a bank angler should go? Is there bait to catch in the area (I would assume so)?

2. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    I think Bank anglers fair better off in rivers then lakes, hit the Verde River, but get away from people, which might be difficult, but doable, people with lines in the water are not the problem, it is the people with campfires next to river, loud music, loud voices, partiers, etc... that screw an area up. Just go where it is quiet, throw some carp or bluegills out there, and chill out...
    Now.... There are monsters in the verde river. That doesnt mean you will catch one but they are there. Make sure your drag is very loose, or free spooled with a bait clicker on a baitcaster reel. if you simply put a bell on your pole, put your pole on the bank or in a holder, and mr 20-90 pounder comes along...............Then it is bye bye pole, and hello funny story on the BOC website. Goodluck!!!

3. joeldavid

joeldavid New Member

State:
    Mesa, Arizona
    Yeah, I need to give the rivers a shot. My brain thinks lake first for warm water fish which is funny because it thinks running water for every thing else. I wonder how well I can pull fish from snags on rivers with my uglystick catfish catmaxx spinning reel with 20# big game, of course you only get to find out if you hook up and thats half the fun. I hate being around a ton of people, most don't realise how easy it is to put fish down. I saw your post about the salt and plan to try some of those spots I haven't been on the salt this year so I don't know how crossable it is right now.