Bartlett 9/29-30

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Zonaman, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
    Finally can get away for a night trip! Going to try Bartlett across from the dam. If you see a guy in a little Bayliner runabout, say hello. I'll report when I get back.

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona

3. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
    Only 2 runs on live bluegills all night. Produced one 5lbs flattie. The bass bite was pretty good, however. Managed 7 (catch & release) in the 1-2 lbs range before noon. Think I'll try Roosevelt in a week or so.

4. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Zonaman,
    Good to see you are still around, you have not been active for a few months..
    Glad Bartlet is still giving up a few..
    * I might hit Bartlet this weekend and fish up the river.
    Take care!

5. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
    Thanks. How's it feel to be a legend? I've been reading about your exploits and some of the fellows are attributing some pretty amazing feats to you! I hear tell that when that mighty cat refused to bite and went for cover, you sucked the water out of Roosevelt with a straw, wrestled it into your boat, hooked him , spit the water back, and then you tossed him in and fought him- Just to make it sporting! AZflats is the Pecos Bill of Catmen!

6. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    And it is all true~ lmao:wink:

7. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
    Say, I've heard blue gills are harder to come by on Roosevelt as opposed to Bartlett. What say you?

8. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona

Gills are harder to catch indeed... When fishing the river, I usually boat all the way to the rock pilings behind the Marina or the rocky ledges North of Windy hill to catch a supply of gills..

~ Last Winter, I found some real nice gill slabs in about 17 feet of water about 20 -30 feet away from Bobcat boat ramp...

* At Bartlett, you want to find big boulders to find gills with any size to them.. The small ones and occasionally big ones are all over the place. If you stop in one place for about 1/2 an hour, they will probably be right under the boat...

:0a26:

9. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
    Thanks. Never have a problem with gills at Bartlett. Can get some pretty big ones too. Roosevelt has been tougher for me. Ill try those areas. As far as Roosevelt goes for flatheads, I've had good luck along the shoreline accross the lake from Schoolhouse point. Lots of them but not too big usually around 5-8 pound range. Everyone seems to like going up the river. I've done that too. I've gone as far as the big mud cliffs where it starts getting narrow but have never had any luck. How far up do people go?

Thanks again.