Bartlett 7/22/06

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Husker, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Husker

Husker New Member

State:
    Scottsdale, Az.
    Anyone going? Looks as if I may be taking a trip, one of two place's either Bartlett for cats or Lake Pleasent for Striper and White bass action.

2. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Bass?

I guess that could be fun, if you were going to use them for bait..:big_smile:

Good luck where ever you try.

3. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    :smile2: Agreed. Maybe Bartlett this evening (Fri) Just a quick turn around trip if I go, leaving around 4PM coming home around 5AM on sat. Going to give another try around the rock islands by the main marina. Will be in a 14ft blue sunfire. Good luck to all.... Even if your going bass fishing:big_smile_2:

4. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Kevin welcome to the BOC, the white bass might make for bait but the Stripers in my opinion blow away the flatheads in battle pound for pound. Try Mohave they get in the 50+ zone I think 67 is the record. Striper are one of the most aggessive fish I have ever fought 24lb my best but have lost larger. They are high speed hitters and will run like crazy many times. Good luck with the Stripers Kevin. Try the A.C Plugs for the big ones and trolled anchovie for a lot of strikes.:cool2:

5. Waterdawg

Waterdawg New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Good luck Husker. I'm taking my girlfriend fishing for the first time tomorrow at Rosey.

6. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Fished Fri from 5PM to 6AM Sat at Bartlett. A few runs but nothing to brag about. Picked up quite a few "eater" sized channels. Watched a lightening strike turn into a good sized fire. Now its called the Grand fire. Around midnight it rolled over the ridge of a mountain about seven miles away. I hate to see the desert burn but its mother nature rebiulding its self. Sure was pretty when the flames rolled over the ridge. One interesting thing on the way to the lake, I noticed the outside temp of 122 at Mcdowell and the 101 freeway. By the time we hit Jomax and Pima road the outside temp read 83 degrees. Thats a heck of a drop in temp from one little storm. By the time we reached lake side, the temp was back up to 98 degrees.

7. ike whitson

ike whitson New Member

State:
    ariz/northwest
    Mr. TYME2FISH, What were those green glowing things flying around all night is that some kinda secret cat killer,attracter, or just a way of saying the darn fish are'nt bitin and we're board ?!.......:big_smile: :big_smile:

8. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    If your refering to the glow sticks we attached them to the poles we had set up a short distance from the boat. Just additional visual effects to assist us old folks who dont see or hear like we used to. I would assume you were in the next cove over? If so how did you do? Sounded as if maybe you had a little luck?

9. ike whitson

ike whitson New Member

State:
    ariz/northwest
    I can relate to the not able to see as well, or for that matter do anything else like I used to ! I had to ask the girl friend if I was really even seeing green things or not.Back to the fish had a few strong but short runs hooked a couple flat's about 5-7 #'s nothing to brag about . Butttttt.... I did do some looking with the finder the next morning and there is some real intresting structure under that area and I'm not sure how you would go about fishing it but we sure want to try it . Maybe drift it, not sure, but if the arches were correct it could be alot of fun. I'll be back there some night this week for a short overnight'er.

10. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Hey Ike,
    Hope the find works out for you.
    * I have been getting skunked. Last few trips were fun, but no flattys.
    ~ Good luck!
    ~A

11. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    You know Ike, the area directly in front of where we were near the rock island has an area that is six foot in depth. It abruptly slopes down to around 20 feet or so. I have wanted to anchor out there and give it a try but the monsoons have prevented me from giving it a shot. I have mapped out the area and found various "holes" all over there. I just cant anchor the toon because even in a slight wind the thing becomes a sail. I may try my buddies little 14 footer that we were in last time but it sure is hard to get comfortable on that small of a boat.

12. ike whitson

ike whitson New Member

State:
    ariz/northwest
    Yeah that rock island for sure! I found at least one slope off of the point that went down to 40+ with some what looked like nice fish on the slope. Same thing I think you would have to try a few different way 's to anchor till you get where you need to be. Or drop your bait and hit the nearest bank.Not sure but I would like to try. If you want to meet up there some evening let me know and we 'll see if we can figure them out.