Bartlett 6/22

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by joeldavid, Jun 22, 2009.

1. joeldavid

joeldavid New Member

State:
    Mesa, Arizona
    So I went out to Bartlett fathers day we fished from 630 to 130. We settled in on the southern corner of the inlet between S. B. cove and Punta De Pesca and started catching gills and one little (7") cat. For the rest of the night we threw crawlers, gills, chovies, packaged shad and Berkley catfish bait. I don't know what was hitting but all we got all night long was like a real quick thump and then nothing most of the time the bait was still there. We mostly cast as far out as we could I don't know if we should have tried closer, and maybe we should have moved more, but realy I don't know what we were doing wrong.

Joel

2. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Sounds like you are starting off good. I'd try fishing closer to shore. Right now the juveniles are having a feast because they don't spawn. Plink, plink, plink will happen alot. Get alot of bait and let them run. If you are tight lining, then leave some slack in the line and give them a chance to mouth it. Not too much slack or you might foul hook one. HTH

3. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Or just go to bartlett, boat around until you see AZ Flats, or Da Chummer, and throw a line in right next to them!!! j/k

4. joeldavid

joeldavid New Member

State:
    Mesa, Arizona
    If only I had a boat I could hunt them down:001:.

5. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    have you ever tried using shrimp? lateley it has been working very well for us. raw shrimp with shell on works best for me.

6. AZBADBOYCATFISH

AZBADBOYCATFISH New Member

State:
    PHOENIX ARIZONA
    JoelDavid how do you like useing the packaged shad?? where you using it for the cats??