Bartlet Lake

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by AZflats, Apr 18, 2007.

1. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I am going to be hitting up Bartlett this weekend, (Saturday-Sunday). Is anyone going to be there??
    * How about last weekend? Are the Ramps usable yet?
    AndY~

2. badgmc

badgmc New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Andy,
    I am planning on going somewhere on Monday. I can't decide between Bartlet, Rosy, or Pleasant. I have fished Rosy and Pleasant but have not hit any cats. Is Bartlet usually the first to see the flats run?

Let us know how the weekend is at Bartlet, and if the ramps are usable.

3. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    The ramps at Bartlett are still out of the water. I was up there Tuesday evening untill mid day Wednesday around SB cove. The carp were off the wall and hitting hard and heavy. I was using corn soaked in vanilla and was fishing no weight about 10-12 feet out from shore. Picked up several eater sized channels on minnows floated under bobber.

I tried using cut carp for flats and had no runs. The carp I cut up were just starting to develope their egg sacks.

The channels were oddly enough caught during the day not much action at night. Shooting for the weekend of 28th hopefully with the boat so I can access the "old faithful" areas. Good luck to all!!

4. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I showed up Saturday afternoon and the storm dissipated.. Caught a grip of carp and gills and fished all night, even found a few bucket mouths while fishing for blue gills...

I ended up catching 4 flattys, the largest was nearly 12 pounds.. I had a giant that popped loose.. All fish came on blue gills and sunfish..

* The bite started about midnight to 1 am.. (When the small moon went behind the mountains..
    * I actually had a double at 3 am still wrapped up in my sleeping bag..

* It was a cold night~ but the late action kept me toasty and warm... These were my first flats of the new year.

Attached Files:

5. Picksecky

Picksecky New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hey Andy.....Nice fish, good pics. Sounds like you are off to a good start.
    Congrats......Rik

6. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Great job Andy, I was down there as well Saturday night shorefishing near the no-wake buoys. I had only one run, no luck. Had to leave at about 1:30 though, it was a surprisingly cold night for a few of the guys with me, and they couldn't hack it.

7. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    My 5 year old daughter did okay, but then again, she is real tough... lol

Next time you plan to go to Bartlet, shoot me a PM. I can lift you to some good spots to shore fish if I am going to be there..
    Take care~

8. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Andy,

Congrats on the catches...I see you caught a little more than just the flatties.

One thing that I don't understand is how you hook up the doubles all the time. :cool2:

Look forward to meeting up with you at the gathering.

Ryan

9. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Skill brother~ Insaine skills.:boss:

No, actually I had just netted one and my other line is screaming off. So before I was able to put the first one on the stringer, I got to bring in his buddy. It is much nicer when the excitement is spread out over the course of the night. You go for 5 hours of starinÂ’ at your lines with nothing going on, to two fish biting at once. That is just how it goes sometimes.

10. bartlettcat

bartlettcat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Was there alot of bass in the area