Bartlet Lake catfishing

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by AZflats, Oct 1, 2007.

1. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Hi Folks,
    I wanted to post some results from Bartlet over the weekend.

I met Micha at Bartlet Saturday and we set out catching carp and gills most of the day Saturday. Fishing was tough and small carp and big gills were few and far between..

* By evening we had enough bait to keep us busy, but the weather had really cooled down and it seems like the fish did as well.

Micha landed a nice 10lber on a live gill and I managed about a 6 lber on a bluegill head. We tried several areas around the rock piles near the marina with no other bites.

* The next morning, when we got to the ramp to leave, some poor fellow had lost his ford Bronco in the water.. After speaking with him, his truck popped out of gear while he launched the boat, and helplessly rolled into the lake while he was in his boat...

** We helped him get his trailer out of the water and Micha was nice enough to hitch up the guy's boat on his truck and give the guy a ride home...

** Let's make sure our parking brakes are functioning and the vehicle is in park before you leave your vehicle on a boat ramp...

~ Here are some pictures.

Attached Files:

2. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
    Wow! What a nightmare! I always block my front wheels on the ramp in addition to setting the parking brake.

I was out there Sunday night. Couldn't find a bluegill to save my life on that lake. Stayed around Echo Bay till midnight. Had one on the line but he got off levaving a small chunk of lip on the hook. Moved to the coves opposite the main launch- nothing.

3. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
    PS- I did manage one good largemouth- does that count?

4. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    That really sucks. In addition to losing a vehicle, he most likely would be fined for polluting the waterways with oil and trans fluid. Did they get the vehicle out?

5. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    We didn't stick around for the removal of the truck. I trailered his boat and gave him a ride home. He turned right around and met the tow truck at the lake. If they fine him that would suck.

6. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
    I spoke with a tow truck driver recently on a AAA call. He mentioned having to go up to Canyon Lake for the same thing. Said it's really expensive to pull one of those out of the water not just because of the distance but because the weight of all that water. Mandates some really heavy duty equipment and a certified diver to hook it up!

7. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    If I had it to do all over again I would have left the trailes hooked to the truch and tried to pull thee whole rig out. My roomate told me that he did the same thing in Rocky Point and he said it was surprisingly easy to pull out. He said it was submerged for 5 hours. He drained the oil out of thew block and tranny, flushed them with diesel fuel, He said he gave it a few days to dry out and he drove it another 3 years. He said he didn't even have to replace the battery.

If your wondering why diesel fuel-------------so am I

8. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
    Only a guess, but the diesel may disolve sludge. I'd disconnect the plugs or it might detonate on compression. Sounds a bit risky to me but I guess that's one for the truck forum!

9. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    yep dont stand behind a Ford when its running or u may b FORD (found on road dead):smile2: got an old bronco myself had a buddy of mine ajusting a carb out and he had to get up on the finder to reach the carb thing poped into rev when he revd it up he got thrown to the ground and the bronc took off across the driveway and slamd n 2 a scrap ben with a ton+ of scrap steel it and sent flyn 20feet, kinda funny seeing no got hurt but it could of been bad

yep been kinda dead down at the river also, fished with martinman and billyjo last weekend and we all got skunked:sad2: