Bartlet again

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by AZflats, Aug 17, 2009.

1. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Went to Bartlett over the weekend Sat-Sun with a few friends.. Weather was awesome, water was warm and my live well was filled with had sized commons and bluegills….

* I fished two of my “honey holes” in the river, same spots I did well two weeks ago… But not one single run… I had 6 lines in the water all night, tried: carp chunks, live carp, live gills, cut gills, threadfin shad, and even night crawlers.:confused2:

** Did anyone else have similar issues over the weekend? Maybe the cats were not biting because the rain storm earlier in the week?

~ Maybe Billy has a voodoo skunk doll of me because I put my cats on a stringer last time I went fishing by myself?
    :roll_eyes:

2. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    That's probably it :smile2:

3. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Thats for sure the problem!!Have to keep some things quiet!!:smile2: Remember,you handled em with kid gloves!You gave them a thourough inspection!You must have passed a class in what youre lookin for denuded fish!:big_smile: I personally wouldnt recommend Robs papsmear class tho,EWWWW! Seriusly tho,that just means you gotta hit it again!Keep us posted!

4. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Could be. :big_smile:

5. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    bart may be a loss this year:sad2:. might have to cut our loses and wait til next year.if they would ever drain some water then maybe, but we know thats not gonna happen:angry:

6. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    hey andy have you sneak out to pleasant for a night? it is a hot spot.

7. stinky fingers

stinky fingers New Member

State:
    Buckeye,Arizona
    * I fished two of my “honey holes” in the river, same spots I did well two weeks ago… But not one single run… I had 6 lines in the water all night, tried: carp chunks, live carp, live gills, cut gills, threadfin shad, and even night crawlers.:confused2:
    [/QUOTE]
    Hey Andy where can I get one of those 6 pole stamps? :wink:
    I was up there the week before you and only had one run all night 13lb. pretty slow.
    Hopefully it will pick up.

8. cat-tracker

cat-tracker New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hey Andy, thanks for the report. I was going to fish Barlett this week but now may have to switch to Pleasant which is half the distance from my house on the west end. :sad2: I can do more fishing then.:wink:

9. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I need to go, however it is soo low right now... I like Bartlet because the level is up and I can go way up river...

10. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    [/QUOTE]
    Hey Andy where can I get one of those 6 pole stamps? :wink:
    I was up there the week before you and only had one run all night 13lb. pretty slow.
    Hopefully it will pick up.[/QUOTE]

I had two other friends with me, they have two pole stamps... I'm legal bro..:wink:

11. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    andy keep posting when u go. ill meet you out there sometime and will invite dave to come along if hes not out there already.

12. arizhunter

arizhunter New Member

State:
    Goodyear, Az
    We were able to catch a 9llb Flathead on a live gill,a 8lb Flathead on shrimp and a Flathead on a live gill that spit the hook at the edge of boat. A nine pound channel on live gill and a 6lb on shrimp.all caught Sunday from 2:30am on and one Flathead after sunup The same place we got a 13llb Flathead last Sunday morn on live gill at 3:30am. Thanks for the tips you gave me while getting ready to leave the lake about 3 weeks ago they help.

13. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I have never been to Bartlet, is it a lake that you can use a canoe to get to the spots or is it too big now to do that?

14. dieselaw

dieselaw New Member

State:
    az
    I went last saturday night. We got two 15 pounders, and lost an ever bigger one close to the boat. All on live bluegills. It all happened in about 1130-1230am. I couldnt get on any big blue gills.... maybe I could use advice on that. Good luck out there....

15. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    You'll get em next time Andy, I have confidance in that bro. :wink:
    I think my trip will be cancelled until next month. It's been a bad year for me to get away. :sad2:

16. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    hey tim bart is to big for a canoe. if you take one i suggest going below the dam you should be able to catch them non stop. its the only place at bart with running water.hope that helps. dalton i have a tip for bigger gills. use the smallest weight and hook. at walmart they sell this berkley powerbait. its pink and only 3something less than 4 bucks. tear just a piece doesnt have to be a big piece. throw it out along the bank bout 2inches from shore and slowly work it along the banks. sometimes i throw it on the bank so i can cover it all. hope you understand if not its because im out back smokin my medication.little loopy

17. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Is there anything I need to worry about below the dam like water releases? That would really suck!! lol

18. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I have taken my canoe to Bartlet several times... I have never gone up river or anything... Last time I went, I launched at the main marina and just gone straight across the lake to the rock piles... I have pulled many big cats from those rock piles... Really makes catfishing easy.. Everything is in one spot; the gills, the carp and the cats...

I have been addicted to the river above Bartlet lately.. I think one more skunked outing and I will be back on the main lake though...
    ~A

19. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I think I will go there on wednesday depending on the weather. Says it might get cruddy, we shall see, I don't want to get caught out on the lake in a canoe in a windstorm. Thank you for the help.

20. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Next wednesday that is.