Barrimans B12 cleaner?

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by Wally_jr, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Wally_jr

Wally_jr New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Not saying that I did this:eek:oooh:, but I shoot a bunch of surplus ammo which is corrosive. I "thought" about using B12 to clean it. It brought all the foulings and deposits out of it and made her shine like new. I followed it with lots of oil. Would there be any negativev side effects to using the B12?

2. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    I use in my truck about every 3 rd tank full! Its good, I guess you should just keep her oiled down and shoot her.:big_smile:

3. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I won't use anything to clean guns that isn't labeled for anything but cleaning guns. If you do, then it will void the warranty. The B12 also removes all of the oil from the pours of the metal and if you don't get oil to all parts that it touched, then it will rust or corode.

Another product that people use is brake parts cleaner and it's supposed to be the same as the spray gun cleaners like gun scrubber. It will do the same thing as the B12. They've tested the spray gun cleaners though and found that (like the brake part cleaner) it will soak in through your skin and be absorbed by the liver causing damage too.

I've got my preferrences that I use myself. I like the products made by "Slip 2000", both the cleaner and the oil. They're both all natural, biodegradable, and have no petrolium or teflon products. My kids can turn them up and drink them and it won't do a thing! The cleaner gets my guns cleaner than just about anything I've tried but it has to be oiled good after it dries. The oil is the slickest oil I've used. It cost more than most oils and cleaners, but with the amount of cleaning I do, I like the peace of mind that it's not harmful to me.

I'd definitelly stay away from the automotive cleaners no matter how tempting or cheap it is.

4. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    I wonder how zmaxx would do!