Barren River

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by barrenriver katman, Jul 28, 2006.

1. barrenriver katman

barrenriver katman New Member

State:
    ky
    who has fished barren river lake in barren co. ky

2. smells like old liver!

smells like old liver! New Member

State:
    kentucky
    hey katman! me and my buds fish that big mudhole they call barren river lake just about every weekend. this summer the bite has been real slow for us. are you having any luck and if so where??

3. timmyw68

timmyw68 New Member

State:
    Franklin Kentucky
    My boys and I fish there about every weekend also we have been having good luck the last few weekends almost sixty pounds the last two saturdays we where using shad Hey randy i see you caught a sixteen pounder the best for us this year is a 10 lb blue

4. smells like old liver!

State:
    kentucky
    hey timmy have yall been fishing at night or during the day? we been hitting browns ford and the narrows, most of the bites have been at daylight, I have a bud that fishes beaver creek alot. he catchin a few no big flats this year!
    we are going fri night to try our luck again!

5. CatSkinner

CatSkinner New Member

State:
    Paducah, KY
    Used to fish there ALL THE TIME!

I grew up in Scottsville so it was pretty close
    I love the spillway there.

I'm going to have to go visit my dad and hit it again sometime.

6. timmyw68

timmyw68 New Member

State:
    Franklin Kentucky

we have been fishing friday night and half a day sat morning no set time for the bites but the bites last till about 10:30 am sat we will be there friday night if every thing falls into place we will be at peters creek we will be on a tan pontoon I finally go my pontoon rigged for catfishing works good so far mabe we will se ya there

7. smells like old liver!

State:
    kentucky
    I'm not for sure where we are going yet, I'll let you know if we plan to fish close to peters creek. what kind of baits have yall been catching them on? have you been seeing alot of shad up that way? last week we found thousands of shad about 1-2" long. have you used any that small? most of ours have been caught on worms and liver and some chicken brest. I've found a pontoon that I hope to trade for before this weekend maybe I can get some pointer on setting it up for fishing.( like a good place to mount the winch:wink:

8. timmyw68

timmyw68 New Member

State:
    Franklin Kentucky
    we have been catching them on shad we have a hard time catching shad but i will use any size i can catch if smaller a put more than one on the hook never have any luck on any other kind of bait even give 30.00 for that punch bait and never caught the first fish on it

9. smells like old liver!

State:
    kentucky
    timmy, I think we are going to try our luck on the green river this weekend. good luck at barren. dont forget to take a few cans of cat food. it seems to bring in the channels.

10. timmyw68

timmyw68 New Member

State:
    Franklin Kentucky
    I had a good friend fishing for bass a couple of weeks ago at barren
    while casting a plug he hung a 35 lb flathead on 12 lb test I haven’t
    got to talk to him to see where he caught it but at least we know there
    is some big fish in there maybe one of us will be lucky before the years end

11. smells like old liver!

State:
    kentucky
    thats the way it goes! I fish appox.50hr. a month and a bass fisherman get the big flat! find out where he caught it. are you fishing this weekend?

12. timmyw68

timmyw68 New Member

State:
    Franklin Kentucky
    Don’t believe I will be able to go this weekend have a lot of stuff to do
    if you are going all the luck to you and take a little rope to tie off your poles:lol: