BARREN RIVER LAKE

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by coler0kw, Jun 15, 2009.

1. coler0kw

coler0kw New Member

State:
    ky
    F.Y.I. PUT OUT JUGS LAST NIGHT ON BARREN. HAD 2 CHANNELS OVER 4 AND A FLATTIE OVER 4 PLUS A FEW 1-2 LB FISH. ALL FISH FROM SHALLOWS.

2. jkm4874ford

jkm4874ford New Member

State:
    Bowling Green,
    Welcome and congrats. What part of the lake did you hit up? I should be headed up that way within the next few weeks.

3. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thx for the report .

4. coler0kw

coler0kw New Member

State:
    ky
    We were in the upper end in the beaver creek area. I expect it to improve over next few weeks. Thanks

5. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    We went out yesterday afternoon by Beaver Creek boat ramp with the kids. Fish were biting as fast as the bait hit the water. All sunfish but it was FUN. They were hitting ANYTHING that hit the water, worms, grubs, power bait, dough bait, grass hopper my son caught and I had a few on small curl tail grubs on a few colors. I also teased out a 2 1/2lb lg mouth on a 3 inch Rapala top water lure.

6. jkm4874ford

jkm4874ford New Member

State:
    Bowling Green,
    Is the water level getting down to something reasonable? I noticed they have slowed down on the discharge rate.

7. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    They are still trying to get it down. There has been about no hope of fishing the spillway unless you use an engine block as a sinker. The overall lake level is ALMOST at summer pool, it is about 1.5 feet high still. The spillway output was finally cut to about 970 cfs but it has been about 5 times that with water well over the sidewalk and at one time only about 5-8 steps were out of the water.

8. smells like old liver!

smells like old liver! New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Hello my boc brothers! some buddies and I get together and toss $20ea. in a hat and have a small tournament for the cash and bragging rights. We thought we would invite a few more to our get together. We cook a few dogs before we head out and make up some B.S rules. If interested in joining us shoot me out a PM. and I'll get some info to you.
    Understand that this is just a few good old boys having some fun!
    No series pros welcome.. ( we would hate to see you get your feelings hurt:smile2:)

9. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I like the way you think ! If I ever fish down that way I'll bring my20 cents welcome to the boc . !

10. jkm4874ford

jkm4874ford New Member

State:
    Bowling Green,
    Question is when?