Barometric pressure

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by 187um, Apr 14, 2009.

1. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    was wanting to get some opinions on what is the a good number for example if the news shows 29.9 with arrow pointing up is that good i have been reading up on how pressure affects fishing but not that good at retaining stuff i read all the time so i thought i would ask all you cat masters out there for some help. or even if you think you could explain it maybe that would help. i am just a little confused so any help would be awesome thanx guys.

2. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I have found that when the baro falls the fish are more active, which is to say that they are moving about foraging. when it climbs or is holding high, you'll find that things slow down. Not to say you wont catch fish, just wont be a busy day. Also check out moon cycles, this drives fish also. Try going on a new moon, even better if a low press/system is moving though.

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    28.5 to 32.5 as long as it is moving for me....... when the cattle are laying down fish no bite :wink: when cattle are grazing, fishes are too :wink: :smile2:

4. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    well i wish i had some cattle now! lol thanx for the feedback:cool2:

5. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    no cat when its over 31.12 for sure HAY man just take a baro. whit u selfhelp write it all down for one year gathering data let us no what works for u ............an theres still exception to all rules HA HA HA

6. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    THIS is so true!!!!!! old indina sign :confused2: