Barometer Pressure

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by catfisherman369, Jun 7, 2009.

1. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I am sure it has been posted before , but with all the new members that have joined maybe I can learn something here about barometer pressure . I was fishing last night and they was not biting as good as they should have been . It is going to storm today so I thought it could have been the barometer pressure building up .

What I am wondering is does the barometer pressure build up or go down before a storm . Also do the fish bite better or worse before a storm . I know I could look all this up myself but I am interested in a catfishermans point of veiw not the news man or some others .

2. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    During sunny or clear weather the pressure will be high.
    Rainy weather would would bring the low pressure.
    The high pressure spins in a clockwise motion.l The low pressure moves in a counter clockwise direction.

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Floyd, prior to a front coming end, such as one bringing rain, sleet or snow, the barometer pressure goes down. When the storm reaches the end of it's life, then the pressure goes up and along comes the wind to blow the front out.

I personally like to fish when the pressure is going down and during the time that the front is around. But and there is always a but, I have caught fish under both high and low pressure. Another but, some of the largest cats and striper's I have ever caught were during a falling barometer. Also, I have found that if you have the fortitude to fish in the sleet and snow, you can do a number on a lot of different fish species.

4. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

If the barometers high(bluebird skies)IMO it sends the fish deeper.I,d rather fish a falling or low barometer,I feel they move more then.Either way,I wouldn,t let it decide if I,m gonna fish that day or not.:wink:

5. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    We caught them really good yesterday when it was overcast and the pressure was low. Last night the clouds blew off and the pressure started rising. This morning it was clear and cooler and they did'nt bite worth a flip.

6. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Ive always done better before and during a storm/rain/snow/sleet LOL. When the pressure is Moving either up or down is good, once it tops out fishin dies.IMO

7. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    I found a fishermans barometer and according to it 29-29.8 is poor, 29.8-30.2 is good and 30.2-about 31 is average or fair . hope this helps