barnone bait for channel catfish

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by grunt111, Jul 7, 2006.

1. grunt111

grunt111 New Member

State:
    ga
    i have tried fresh cut shad and skip jack herring and let me tell u if u want a shoot and forget bait on your jug lines then that would be skip jack herring. the skip that i have tried 2 times now has been frozen from the bait shop and it has not failed me at all and on top of that i have used it both times between 9 am and 4 pm and was catching like crazy here in chattahochee river in columbus georgia. the cuts smell alot and ontop of that it smwells like straigh up mullet that u catch in salt water so it's powerfull. by any chance does anybody know if there are any flat heads here in the hooch? cause havent caught nothin but channel and really want to find some
    grunt!

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I think would almost all agree with you about cut bait being the best with the exception of the guys that are strictly flathead hunters. But I can't say we would all agree on what is the absolute best type of cut bait. There are way to many rivers, lakes and streams to fish with only one bait. While most waters can share some of the same characteristics they were not all created equals.

3. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Grunt, Yes sir skippies make some good bait. Also, welcome to the Brotherhood. Make yourself at home.

ST

4. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Is their any place that a person can buy skip jack frozen and shipped
    Jim

5. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I would like to know also...