Barkley or ky dam

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catman from owensboro, Apr 1, 2009.

1. catman from owensboro

catman from owensboro New Member

State:
    ky
    does anyone no if the rivers our up to high boat fish. or should i just bank fish leave the boat at home thanks

2. catman from owensboro

State:
    ky
    i would like to thank you guy in that area for all the help.
    hope i can pay you back sometime...........

3. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    they were just jumpin to help a brother out werent they lol :smile2:

4. olpie4uk

olpie4uk New Member

State:
    Hopkinsville,Kentucky
    Gee, I wish I could help you out but the only input I can offer is that they are gradually raising the level of Barkley each week and I assume they are doing the same for Kenlake as well.You could definately use your boat on either lake, but I can't advise about below the dams.

5. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I really never fish below the dams anymore myself....so I dont know about the rivers. I fish the lakes above the dams. We're getting hammered with heavy rains and the rivers will probably be swollen to say the least.:crazy:

6. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    As far as I know there aren't any members left up around the dams. I haven't been up there since some time last year, so I think my information about river levels may be outdated.

7. catman from owensboro

State:
    ky
    Thanks you guys were all get rain. I was comming that way to meet some friends and there family and 2 days of fishing.Just didn't no if it was a waste of gas to bring my boat.Didn't mean to sound so mean but i would help anyone on here for bait if they broke down anything at all..hopeful i can help the ones that helped me out sometime. thanks again

8. skipjack1984

skipjack1984 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    i was below barkley tuesday night and the river was so swift my anchor wouldnt hold. they are pulling alot of water at cheatam dam plus we got more heavy rain today. if your goin to be on a boat i would use extreme caution. leave the white water rapids to thhe fellas in the kayaks.

Anthony

9. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
  10. catman from owensboro

State:
    ky
    will river are up.lots of water comming out of the lakes. but the skips were biting.both dams still slow but got about 140 of them.watch some locals in boats dipping for shad and skips to sell filling up boat loads at a time.

11. catman from owensboro

State:
    ky
    what is this fish bait shops down there didn't no.i got 6 of them in and had 30 or so of them on

Attached Files:

12. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    looks like a redhorse/sucker but im not sure..

13. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
  14. catman from owensboro

State:
    ky
    thanks looked just like the Blue Sucker