Barkley Lake in Indiana

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by beaneye46, Jul 10, 2006.

1. beaneye46

beaneye46 New Member

State:
    indiana
    anyone fish berkly lake for cats? i fished there for white bass when they make the boils. but ive never gone out for big cats.
    when i was a kid i remember watching a guy pull a trot line with a bunch of big ones on it.

2. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Never heard of berkley. Where's it at?

3. beaneye46

beaneye46 New Member

State:
    indiana
    its down south, but its connected to kentucky lake. indiana's side of the lakes named berkley. its a huge lake.

4. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    it's called Barkley lake and it is not connected to Indiana in any manner. Since it is connected to Kentucky lake the two make the largest man made lbody of water in the country, Over 2,500 miles of shore line. The east side of lake Barkley is Kentucky in the north up to the dam. the southeren part is in tennessee. Same on Kentucky lake. The land in the middle is known as LBL, land between the lakes, it is run by the TVA and has about a dozen campgrounds. LBL even has it's own hunting seasons. It's a great area but sorry nothing to do with Indiana

5. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    It is Kentucky's lake. Hoosiers just over load it. I am from Indiana it seems like Barkley has more hoosiers than Kentucky lake.