Barkley Lake Catfishing!

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Higgaman, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Higgaman

Higgaman New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey guys, just signed up for this new account, yaw have a great website going on here. Anyways Im going out to barkley lake the first weekend of May for a catfish tournament, well be staying at prizer point marina...anybdy know of any cat spots around that area...any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Shawn

2. shadow

shadow New Member

Try the ledges at the mouth of Little River, but in May the fish could be starting the spawning run to the rocks. In that case, almost any of the main lake rocky banks would be productive.

3. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Ay, Shadow when is the best time to fish the canal and how deep is it. I am looking for bank fishing on barkley or ky lake or dams. any info i would be thank for.

4. shadow

shadow New Member

Best time would be in late May or early June and fish along the rip rap banks. The canal is aprox 30 feet deep in most places.

5. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    I'm plannin' on taking the kids and my husband to Ky lake this June. We have a smaller boat. Does anyone know if it's safer to take them out on the lake or the river?

6. shadow

shadow New Member

Depends on a lot of things. How are your boating skills? Weather. How far are you planning on going--got to get back you know and Ky lake can kick up some pretty nasty wave action in a hurry.