Barkley Dam Report

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by lance, Sep 16, 2008.

1. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Fished Barkley Sat. 13th. They were running one generator out in the middle turbine 4 I think . There were alot of fingerling cats against the rail . I managed to catch 2 blues in the 4 pound range and a flattie that might have gone about 3 lbs. Acouple blues about 2 lbs. And four eater channels . They hit skipjack,baby suckers, night crawlers . 1 striper rounded out my catch . The whites and stripes turned on about dark and I saw a guy catch about 7or 8 about 15 inches . 1 eel was caught and 1 asian . the asian carp were not bad this time . There were probably 5or 6 boats fishing at any given time .If they start moving more water thru the dam the fishing should pick up . Remember if they are generating the fishing will be better and hopefully they will open up a turbine closer to the bank so the bank fishing will be better . Good Luck !:smile2:

2. EKYHunter

EKYHunter New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg, Kentucky
    Hey thanks for the report , sounds like you had a good night. :big_smile:

3. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Congrats on the catch. Sounds like you had a good trip.

4. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Soon as I figuge this camera out will post pics I don't know how to do any of that stuuff . I hope I can figure it out I might have to try and send it to you computer guys via email to get them up !