Barkley Dam Report

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by lance, Sep 11, 2008.

1. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    fishing sat. willgive a report on mon. :wink::smile2::cool2:

2. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Good luck Lance hope ya catch a freezer full. Have a safe trip:wink:

3. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    You don't get off that easy Ken . ! :wink: I'll be baiting your hook . Bait one for me ! I should catch some fish there if the asian carp don't knock me over the rail . They were dangerous last time down . I brought back a chunk of one last time that about hit me . Maybe I will get some more this time !

4. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Take you a baseball bat with you and slap catfish bait out of them A. C.:wink::smile2: that should solve some of the problem.

5. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Ken no joke in an hour or so of catching shad and a little rod and reeling there were close to a dozen flapping on the rocks . Plus 4 people were trying to shoot them in the air with bows and they killed a few . When the locked boats thru the other side of the dam and pumped the water down in the lock you would see I bet a 100 @ atime jumping in the current

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Lance you be careful and good luck! Don't get knocked in the water by them Asian carp! Try and bring some back, they should make good cut bait!
    Have a safe trip!!! We'll be looking for the pics and report on Monday!

7. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Sounds like someone was getting some good practice for deer season.:wink:Them things gotta be dangerous:sad2: Try to get some pics off them .Asian carp are like shad in their feeding on algae and plant life aren't they???????

8. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Correct that is the MAIN REASON they need to be exterminated no real predators once they get of any size I bet the ones I saw down there jumping would have been at least 15lbs. on average ! Actually the eat plankton which feeds ALL species of fresh hatched fish no food left for the fry ! Freshwater Whales

9. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good luck to ya Lance.............catch some fish and kill some carp!!!!:smile2:

10. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Maybe everyone that likes to fish all need to gather down by the river for some Suday evening trap shooting and use Asian Carp as clay pigeons :wink: Think that would help some ???

11. cicnolo

cicnolo New Member

State:
    ne. CENTRA
    if you are seeing hundreds at a time it sounds like time for // C4 \\ fishing.might be a little "collaterel damage" but heck look how many carp you get to kill!!! tony