barkley dam help

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catman from owensboro, Jul 30, 2008.

1. catman from owensboro

catman from owensboro New Member

State:
    ky
    are the skips still running there. 2 hour drive don't want to waste gas.

2. fisherman63650

fisherman63650 New Member

State:
    missouri
    went last friday didnt catch any I live about 3 hours away please tell if they are biting want to go need bait

3. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    That everyone that fishes down in that area,has past away or left town but I could be wrong.I guess we'll just have to show up and find out. But dont get me wrong alittle help would be nice.:big_smile::big_smile: Going down there Saturday morning.I'll let you people know how it went. Thanks Aaron

4. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    There where some in there 2 weeks ago . they weren't killing them though . I fished up behind the rail . Take a good dip net and if the first turbine is on you should be able to dip some big shad . Take your bow and shoot some of those asian carp while your at it they might be good cut bait to try . :smile2:

5. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL
    You Joke Lance, but actually I know people that cut them up for bait and swear by them!!:eek:oooh:

6. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I live about 50 miles from the Dams and I usually wont waste the time or gas to go there. If I need shad or skipjacks ....I just go to the lakes and cast from the banks. I can usually pick up all the skipjacks I need throwing jigs. Try it sometime..find a shallow flat near a river channel and cast for skipjacks just like you were at the dams. It works!!!!!:big_smile: In the summer it usually works best at first light or last light.

7. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Yea I catch all I need from the lakes. About the only time I go up around the dams is when I need to buy tackle. Stop in at Kens, (Fishermans Friend) bait and tackle. Get the phone number you can call and see if the skips are hitting good or not.