Barkley - Bank Fishing

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by SURFPREP, Oct 3, 2009.

1. SURFPREP

SURFPREP New Member

State:
    KY
    Good day on Barkley. Got there about 7am - cool weather with a lot of wind. Didn't get a bit unti 10:30. Between 10:30 and 12:00 caught 5 1# channels, 4 2# channels and 1 3# channel. The bigger ones started hitting in the later period. Ran out of night crawlers.

Small fish but great day!

2. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    see anybody catching skips??????

3. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    Bill, Thanks for the report.

4. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    Yeah that wind was ruff on barkley today.I was wanting to try some drifting but the 20 mph gusts made that impossible.Me and member ae_ted did get to try out some oh his new jugs.We ended up with lucky 13 combination of blues and channels.We had nice eaters the largest was a six pound blue a couple of five pound blues and three channels between 3-4 pounds.Caught some on fresh shrimp and some on chicken hearts.

5. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    I didn't see any skips jumping or otherwise but like I said it was whitecapping pretty much until we got ready to head out around 3:30.

6. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    i went on the ohio yesterday and man it was rough it was blowing you up stream against the current i found a spot behind an island that was calm and caught 7 channels ranging from 2-7 lbs good day of fishing glad you caught some surfprep i hate going home empty handed

7. Steve

Steve New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice meeting you Brian. That was Skippie2use and I in the Sylvan boat that talked to you at the island yesterday.We didn't have any luck out on the main river. Steve

8. SURFPREP

SURFPREP New Member

State:
    KY
    There was a guy fishing for them buy didn't get any.

9. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Caught a few skips out of the lake last week. They were on the small side though, about 10 inches long. Could see them flashing all over the place, but didn't have any sabaki rigs and my jigs were just a bit too big.